Posted in Other 10 days ago.
Type: Full Time
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
* The Manufacturing Operator 2 is responsible to perform essential job functions required at the Manufacturing Operator 1 level.
* Stages and destages materials and equipment using pallet mules, manual equipment, and PIT
* Verifies quality and integrity of material and equipment used
* Identifies unsafe conditions and corrects them. Completes Safety Observation/Near Miss report with suggestions to improve/prevent condition
* Participates in incident investigations and safety meetings
* Achieves defined personal development goals
* Performs in-process analytical testing, including work-ups and simple interpretations as described in the MPR
* Identifies malfunctions in equipment operation, and with appropriate approval takes corrective action
* Basic job-related SAP applications
Who you are:
* HS Diploma or GED required
* Desirable: AS Chemistry or Science related associate degree (chemical technician) or 2 yrs college chemistry
* Experience working in a chemistry-related environment.
* Effective oral and written communication skills. Mechanical aptitude. Basic mathematical skills. Ability to read and understand written protocols. Ability to operate forklift or hand pallet truck. Basic understanding
* of chemical reactions and hazards. Ability to operate hand tools, lab equipment, calculator and weighing and measuring devices. Basic understanding of ISO and quality systems
Manufacturing Environment: Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. Is required to wear appropriate protective gear, (hard hats, glasses/goggles, chemical resistant suits, gloves, safety shoes) and other personal protection equipment "PPE" to protect themselves from toxic or corrosive chemicals in the forms of liquids, solids, vapors or airborne particles. The work area may occasionally be wet, humid abnormally hot or cold.
Manufacturing Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach above the shoulder, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch or crawl for long periods of time. The employee must be able to talk, hear, taste and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and ability to push and pull heavy materials to complete assignment. The employee may be required to lift more poundage with assistance. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Uses phones, computers, computer monitors and all office/manufacturing equipment. The employee is also required to type at a computer keyboard and have the ability to read CRTs/computer monitors.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.