Posted in Other 15 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Location: Denton, TX, US
Company: PACCAR COMPANY INFORMATION
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
Peterbilt Motors Company
On highways, construction sites, city streets, logging roads - everywhere our customers earn their living - Peterbilt's red oval is a familiar symbol of performance, reliability and pride. Peterbilt has reigned as America's premium quality truck manufacturer since the company's founding in 1939. Our dedication to deliver products and services focused on improving customers' performance, image, profitability and peace of mind truly makes Peterbilt the Class of the Industry.
This position is based at Peterbilt s Division Office in Denton, Texas, where we have been headquartered since 1992 and manufacturing since 1980. In Denton, we have manufactured, supported, and distributed over 600,000 trucks and over 1 million trucks as a company. Our employees take great pride in our products, and we are recognized as a premier employer and valued partner in the local community. REQUISITION SUMMARY
Peterbilt Motors Company is looking for a Dealer Technical Service Trainer to instruct and support our network of over 350 dealership locations throughout North America. The service trainer will educate dealership service personnel, as well as Peterbilt internal personnel, on Peterbilt product features and benefits, maintenance, and repair. Training is conducted at the Denton Training Center and various regionally based and dealership locations throughout the U.S. and Canada. HERE\'S WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
* Instruct Peterbilt dealership service personnel regarding the features and benefits, maintenance, and repair of Peterbilt products and PACCAR engines
* Identify areas of training need based on feedback from dealerships, Peterbilt field personnel, and Peterbilt customer service and warranty
* Interface with various subject matter experts within the Peterbilt organization to attain the technical knowledge to be a competent instructor and mentor to dealership personnel
* Provide feedback to appropriate Peterbilt personnel on product, maintenance and service issues that need to be addressed
* Continuously improve and modify training based on formal and informal evaluations from training participants. Contributes to providing best-in-class training within our industry
* Manage and coordinate class room training including venue selection, catering, printed materials, training aids, and scheduling
* Give input and review on-line training, workbooks, and manuals related to maintaining and servicing Peterbilt and PACCAR Engine products
* Coordinate with other divisions to ensure consistent content and messaging of training materials
YOU\'RE GOING TO NEED THIS TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
* Experience in the maintenance and/or servicing of diesel trucks, automotive, and/or machinery. Peterbilt service, diesel engines, and after treatment systems experience is a plus
* Minimum one-year of training or instructional experience, technical training preferred
* Travel up to 50%
* Background in curriculum and training program development from inception to delivery of a program
* Ability to assist with developing trainings using various media including; classroom, on-line presentations, video and manuals
* Proficiency with Microsoft products including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Publisher. Familiarity with MS Teams is a plus
* Strong organization, planning, and time management skills
* Excellent written and verbal communicator. Comfortable presenting to all levels within a dealership and Peterbilt, including dealer principals and Peterbilt senior management
We require a Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Education, Business, or Engineering, OR an Associates/Technical degree with a combination of extensive applicable work experience in lieu of a Bachelors. WHY WORK FOR PACCAR/PETERBILT*
* Competitive salary, 401k with a 5% company match, AND a company paid Pension Plan after 5 years of service
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans for you and your family
* Comprehensive Paid Time Off Vacation, Paid Holidays, and Sick Leave
* Tuition Reimbursement for continued education eligible after 1 year of service
* Global Fortune 500 company with a wide array of growth and development opportunities
* Work alongside experienced goal-oriented colleagues recognized as experts in their fields
* Contribute to a work culture with a long and rich history that celebrates innovation, process improvement, diversity of people and thought, and pride in high quality products
ADDITIONAL JOB BOARD INFORMATION
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability. Peterbilt promotes Diversity and Inclusion through mentorship, events, and affinity support groups including: The Diversity Council, Peterbilt Women s Initiative (PBWin), Veterans Group, and ADVOCATE (An LGBTQ support group).
Nearest Major Market: Denton
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Job Segment: Curriculum, Medical, Engineer, Technical Trainer, Education, Healthcare, Engineering, Automotive