Posted in Other 11 days ago.
Type: Full Time
The Manufacturing Supervisor works closely with the Plant Manager and Plant Superintendent to ensure the production of a quality product that meets or exceeds customer expectations in Nichols NY.
Duties And Responsibilities:
Reporting directly to the Plant Superintendent, the Manufacturing Supervisor responsibilities would include, but not be limited to, the following:
* Coordinates and supervises activities of equipment and personnel throughout the facility with a focus on optimizing Safety, Quality, Productivity and Spoilage
* Communicates all pertinent information between departments and between shifts on changes to equipment, production schedules, production problems or any other related information.
* Works with employees on identifying, discussing solutions and implementing fixes on machinery and equipment problems
* Performs and facilitates on the job training and/or coaching of all employees as needed or required
* Applies knowledge of various processes, production methods and processes to improve plant production
* Manages machinery set-up and adjustment and inspects products to ensure compliance to standards
* Oversees quality and recommends modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimal performance within the equipment limits
* Complete and/or administer necessary documentation such as production sheets, pallet ticketing, job progressions, disciplinary actions, monthly SAFE cards, time and attendance, accident reports and process control sheet
* Performs other job-related duties as required or assigned
In addition to the specific duties and responsibilities listed above, the ideal candidate will possess the following:
* High School Education/GED
* Five to seven year(s) experience in a high speed manufacturing environment
* At least three years of proven supervisory experience
* Must be able to work night shift (7pm-7am)
* Must be available to work various shifts if needed and be able to work nights, weekends, and overtime to cover absences or provide additional support
* Bachelor s degree
* Packaging industry experience
* Knowledge of Six Sigma, SPC, and Lean Manufacturing
* Strong problem solving skills through an individual and/or collaborative approach
* Ability to work independently or with a team
* Must be able to look at new solutions and think outside the box
* Effective leadership skills such as conflict resolution, communication, decision making, etc
* Demonstrated employee relations skills and the ability to motivate people
* Excellent time management and project management skills as well as the ability to multi-task
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Strong computer skills and working knowledge of various Microsoft programs (Excel, Word, Access, etc.)
* While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and may be required to balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
* The associate may lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus
* Generally works in a plant environment but will be required to perform some job duties inside a typical office setting
* While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicular traffic
* The associate may be exposed to a wide range of temperatures
* The noise level is frequently loud
Possible Equivalent Military Titles
* Logistician; Store Manager; Supply and Warehousing Manager; Transportation Manager; Transportation Maintenance Manager
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Crown offers competitive pay, comprehensive benefits including free company paid health insurance for employees as well as company matched 401(k).
Take the next step in your career and apply online today at www.crowncork.com/careers.
CROWN IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
0 - 10%
Crown is an equal opportunity employer. Crown does not discriminate against any candidate or employee on the basis of race, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.