Posted in Other 6 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Job Title: BGC Network Operations Analyst
The Network Analyst is responsible for second-third line technical support, maintenance and monitoring of highly available global financial network services.
An ideal candidate will be motivated to take ownership of daily and ongoing network issues, work well in a busy team, being quick to learn and able to deal with a wide range of issues.
Analyst Role and Responsibilities:
* Escalation path from NOC
* Contribute to Root Cause Analysis for customer/internal outages and recommend resolutions
* Provide support to other technical teams.
* Project / task delivery
o New installs & upgrades (data center, remote offices)
o Turn up services to third parties (CDN, Extranet services, VPN s)
o Infrastructure hygiene (code upgrades, EOL hardware replacement).
* Implement BAU changes in accordance with BGC change management process (break fix, moves, adds & changes)
* Contribute to Continuous Service Improvement
* Document infrastructure procedures for internal support.
* Review new network designs and changes to ensure that they meet Operational Acceptance Criteria and are supportable
* Update design documentation for internal and customer support
* Ad Hoc requirements
o Work with and refine enterprise monitoring solution to ensure levels of monitoring and alerts are maintained
o Ad hoc Network Audits.
o Review new monitoring tools
o Pre and post power maintenance support
* Ensure smooth handover of Network issues between regions
* Support after hour and weekend on-call duties (24x7 rota)
* Escalation path from NOC
* Ensure network issues are resolved within business recovery target times
* Ensure persistent problems are diagnosed and resolved
* Ensure projects and tasks are delivered to meet deadlines
* Ensure accuracy of network documentation
* Network Handover process
* Excellent Junos OS Fundamentals (Configuration, Operational Monitoring and Maintenance)
* Excellent Cisco CatOs and IOS Fundamentals (Configuration, Operational Monitoring and Maintenance)
* Routing Protocols (EIGRP, OSPF and BGP)
* Capable of multi-tasking, good time management and prioritisation of workload.
* Good communicator both written and verbal.
* Work well in a busy team, being quick to learn and able to deal with a wide range of issues.
* Cisco CCNP routing & switching
* JNCIA-Junos certification
* 5 years supporting high volume, high availability financial trading environment
* Experience in delivering and supporting VoIP services would be beneficial
* Experience in delivering and supporting Wireless services would be beneficial
* Experience of working within multi- team, SLA driven environment
* Experience of working in a multi-vendor infrastructure environment
Newmark Knight Frank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law