Posted in Other 12 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Now Hiring a Data Architect /SQL SME
As a Data Architect/SQL SME, you will rewrite stored procedure for our enterprise level account. Join our team of Data and Azure professionals and accomplish what others only dream of. This is a remote position with occasional travel to Chevy Chase, MD
* Review application database telemetry for issues and prioritize their resolution based on overall application impact
* Devise solutions to application database issues and deliver them individually or by working through others
* Maintain, backup / restore, and monitor any and all Microsoft SQL Server environments.
* Assist system architecture teams with hardware, software, and configuration requirements.
* Provide ongoing database support in multiple-cluster production environment.
* Help define database back-up & recovery strategy including archiving strategies.
* Provide input, as needed, to the development of business cases when enterprise-wide database solutions are proposed.
* Assist the technical application team with application-level SQL query design to ensure efficiency and performance within the SQL database.
* Develop and implement system and database performance monitoring processes.
* Analyze monitoring data for performance optimization opportunities.
* Manage the on-site backup and recovery process and / or support of the off-site backup strategy.
* Plan for and perform any required database upgrades and migration (patches, etc.).
* Maintain current industry knowledge of development concepts, best practices and procedures for Microsoft SQL Server.
* Assist the technical application team with database migrations and single data loads.
* Experience in SQL on laaS
Profile of Success
* 10+ years of extensive experience with SQL Servers
* SME Level experience with SQL database triage and issue resolution
* Experience optimizing/tuning stored procedures and functions
* Experience analyzing and modifying indexes to improve database performance
* Perform data profiling using SQL
* Prototype ETL transformation logic using Advanced SQL techniques
* Experience in SQL 2016/2019
AIS, Dedicated to Our People
AIS employees can spend their entire career at AIS doing challenging, rewarding work and reach their desired level of achievement and responsibility. We offer the opportunity to move up, without the obligation to move out of a position where one excels. We are committed to our employee's success; however, they define it.
It's our dedication to our employees that inspired our leadership to invest in our future and become partially employee-owned through an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP).
Our employees are our greatest strength, and we do all that we can to serve them. We invest in technology as early adopters, allowing us to create transformative and innovative solutions for our customers while exposing our team to cutting edge technology.
We hire outstanding individuals who are committed to curiosity, passionate about emerging technology, and who are excited to find innovative solutions for the biggest tech challenges facing international brands and government agencies today.
We Invest in Individuals Committed to Innovation
AIS is seeking professionals of a certain character and level of excellence. People that we can learn from and that we can help grow to achieve their personal career goals. We are looking for:
* Smart people with a passion for technology
* Strong technical capabilities with a consultancy mindset
* Close involvement with local technical communities
* A willingness to think outside of the box to provide innovative solutions to clients
* Ability to solve challenging technical business problems
* Self-directed professionals
Our Core Values
* Client Success
* Continued Learning and Technical Excellence
* Strong Client Relationships
* Citizenship and Community
AIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications merit, and business need.