Posted in Other 9 days ago.
Type: Full Time
BDO s Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.
A Core Tax Services Experienced Associate is responsible for utilizing his or her educational background as well as communication and organizational skills by assisting with the preparation of tax returns and research. In this role, the Core Tax Services Associate will be charged with utilizing basic research skills and working with tax software applications to complete simple tax returns for review.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting required
- Masters degree in Accounting or Taxation preferred
- More than one (1) year of prior experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook), and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience with tax research databases such as BNA and RIA Proficient in all tax compliance process software including GoFileRoom, GoSystemRS, Caseware, BNA Depreciation Software, or comparable programs and standard tax workpapers
Other Knowledge, Skills Abilities:
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- Able to follow instructions as directed by members of Tax Team
- Able to prepare simple tax returns
- Takes appropriate actions without being asked
- Seeks advice of appropriate superiors regarding issues, problems related to compliance
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.