Posted in Other 11 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Now Hiring a Junior Cloud Engineer
Ability to maintain a Secret Clearance is Required
As a Junior Cloud Engineer, you will use cutting edge cloud and data technologies to streamlines services to our clients. Join our team of Data and Cloud professionals and accomplish what others only dream of. An interim Secret Clearance is required. This is a remote position, must be able to commute to the DC Metro Area.
* Use knowledge of systems architecture to create a robust infrastructure for application development
* Draw on at least four years of system administration experience to assist with the core infrastructure for both internal and external projects for our clients
* Collaborate with members of the development team and project managers to deliver solutions that surpass client expectations
* Use knowledge of Active Directory, DNS, LAN/WAN, IP addresses, and administration to complete a variety of projects
* Use consulting and documentation skills to complete project-based work
* Use knowledge of servers, PC's, and networks to ensure the environment works correctly
* Assist with documentation to ensure continuity
* Implement AIS cloud infrastructure solution offerings based on public cloud, private cloud, and hybrid client environments
Profile of Success
* Use Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and over 2 years of experience in systems engineering to design platforms to support developers
* Use experience with networks, systems, and client-facing skills to create innovative business solutions
* Experience with the Cloud, Windows/SQL Server, Application Support, PowerShell scripting, and virtualization
* Gain or use certifications as part of continuous professional growth
* Must be well versed on general infrastructure technology and have an understanding of public and private cloud concepts such as Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), Desktop as a Service (DaaS), and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
* Microsoft certifications
* Some project management experience
* Experience with disaster recovery efforts for IT
AIS, Dedicated to Our People
AIS employees can spend their entire career at AIS doing challenging, rewarding work and reach their desired level of achievement and responsibility. We offer the opportunity to move up, without the obligation to move out of a position where one excels. We are committed to our employee's success; however, they define it.
It's our dedication to our employees that inspired our leadership to invest in our future and become partially employee-owned through an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP).
Our employees are our greatest strength, and we do all that we can to serve them. We invest in technology as early adopters, allowing us to create transformative and innovative solutions for our customers while exposing our team to cutting edge technology.
We hire outstanding individuals who are committed to curiosity, passionate about emerging technology, and who are excited to find innovative solutions for the biggest tech challenges facing international brands and government agencies today.
We Invest in Individuals Committed to Innovation
AIS is seeking professionals of a certain character and level of excellence. People that we can learn from and that we can help grow to achieve their personal career goals. We are looking for:
* Smart people with a passion for technology
* Strong technical capabilities with a consultancy mindset
* Close involvement with local technical communities
* A willingness to think outside of the box to provide innovative solutions to clients
* Ability to solve challenging technical business problems
* Self-directed professionals
Our Core Values
* Client Success
* Continued Learning and Technical Excellence
* Strong Client Relationships
* Citizenship and Community
AIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications merit, and business need.