Posted in Other 8 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Job Title: Accountant-Finance & Accounting--TEMPORARY
Location: AMS-GOB (St. Louis)
May be assigned from time to time to one or another of the listed work groups and/or departments. Under general supervision, to perform accounting and auditing assignments in connection with maintaining the accounting books and records of the Company; to prepare corporate and departmental budgets and to prepare reports or statements of a statistical, financial or regulatory nature. As required, assignments to perform details of work such as:
* Maintain the books and records relating to accounting, physical property, budgets, taxes, etc., including the preparation of book entries and records; the audit and inspection of entries or source records such as journal entries, invoices, cash vouchers, payrolls, stores requisitions, etc.; the development of property records; the maintenance of accounting controls; the posting of various records and performing a variety of other operations necessary to maintaining the accounts.
* Make Accounting analyses and tabulations, prepare data and assist in studies of an accounting, financial or statistical nature.
* Prepare various reports for management, regulatory bodies, taxing authorities and others. This includes preparing statements, schedules and exhibits included in or comprising such reports.
* Conduct periodic audits to verify the accuracy of accounting, cash, inventory records, etc. and the adherence to establish procedures.
* Assist in preparing cost of service and other studies and reports for use by regulatory authorities.
* Perform methods studies and assist in revising accounting, clerical, office and other procedures.
* Perform special assignments, both recurring and non-recurring, of an accounting, statistical or procedural nature.
For holding as confidential, information relating to personnel, wages, earnings, forecasts and other financial or statistical data relating to the accounts or operations of the Company.
With employees and supervisors of the various departments within the Company for the purposes of obtaining or transmitting information relating to work assignments. As necessary, with representatives of other companies or with persons outside of the Company.
Must have a degree from an accredited college or university with a major in a business discipline (e.g. Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or Economics). Courses must include a minimum of twenty-four (24) semester hours of accounting including the following courses (or equivalents): Financial Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Cost Accounting, Intermediate Accounting I&II and Federal Income Tax. All Accounting coursework must be completed with a minimum grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale or 3.5 on a 5.0 scale. Coursework which is not reported on a standard semester hour basis will be converted to equivalent three semester hour credit per class for the purposes of determining if this requirement has been satisfied.
Must have attained a minimum overall grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale or 3.5 on a 5.0 scale.
The grade point average is computed by dividing grade points earned by the semester hours counted for educational requirements. In calculating the grade point average, grade points and semester hours received for courses repeated shall be excluded.
Successfully pass the Company s Accounting job knowledge test. The test may be taken a maximum of two times separated by a six-month period. This test will not be given to those candidates who are Certified Public Accountants.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.