Posted in Other 3 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Join our team! First American's Mortgage Solutions division provides lenders with solutions to originate, close and service quality loans. As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. We believe that our people are the key to the company s continued success, and we invest in diverse talents and backgrounds and empower our teams to achieve more than they could anywhere else. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For list for the fifth consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, please visit www.firstam.com/mortgagesolutions/
Recorders are responsible for final review and timely recording of all title documents submitted for recording with the County Recorder s Office. Typically an entry level position. Tasks may be repetitive as employee gains skills and experience.
* Proofread all documents submitted for recording for accuracy, completeness, compliance with technical and legal requirements; accept or reject documents accordingly
* Respond to inquiries about pending recordings
* Follow guidelines contained in technical memos, title policies, recording practices and other information affecting title commitments
* Perform other duties as required or requested by supervisor
* May deliver documents to court houses
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS/TECHNOLOGY USED
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and title/escrow related software
* Proficient PC skills
* Strong attention to detail
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* High School diploma or equivalent
TYPICAL RANGE OF EXPERIENCE
* Entry level position
* Relevant title insurance experience helpful
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers..