Posted in Other 6 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Req ID: 58310
Areas of Interest: Mortgage Operations; Underwriting
BOK Financial (BOKF), Headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma, BOK Financial Corporation (NASDAQ: BOKF) is a top 25 U.S.-based financial services holding company with operations in ten states Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Kansas/Missouri, New Mexico, Nebraska and Wisconsin. The company began more than 100 years ago in Tulsa and has successfully diversified into a variety of industries, businesses and geographies. .
We are open to this role being based anywhere in our eight state footprint (OK, TX, NM, AR, KS, MO, CO, AZ)
The Mortgage Underwriter II is primarily responsible for the mortgage credit risk associated with underwriting complex conventional and government residential mortgage loans. This position ensures the highest level of credit quality by making sound and well-documented underwriting decisions based on a thorough knowledge of the banks' and the secondary markets' policies and guidelines and an in-depth analysis of loan documentation and data; ensures adherence to various investor's guidelines and state and federal government regulations; makes credit risk decisions in timely and decisive manner while maintaining and managing an underwriting pipeline to achieve service level agreements; provides best in class customer service with a ‘what can I do' approach to personal accountability; as a mortgage credit risk and underwriting subject matter expert, creates loan level solutions through proactive problem solving, analyzing complex loan scenarios and researching and answering underwriting questions; challenges the status quo by making recommendations on improving the mortgage credit risk and underwriting process, procedure and policy.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Makes credit risk decisions based on sound underwriting judgment, the application of underwriting guidelines and principles, and the thorough analysis of complex loan documentation; including appraisal reports, compliance inspections, credit reports, verifications, bank statements, tax returns and financial statements. Evaluates the credit worthiness of loan applicants and the value and marketability of the subject property. Insures loans meet all bank, investor, federal, state and local policies, guidelines and regulations. Communicates underwriting decisions in a clear and concise manner and within prescribed service level agreements and timeframes.
- Provides best in class customer service with a ‘what can I do' approach to personal accountability; acts as a mortgage credit risk and underwriting subject matter expert by creating loan level lending solutions through proactive problem solving, analyzing complex loan scenarios and researching and answering underwriting questions; provides leadership and ‘models the way' by providing support and technical assistance to other underwriters, management, mortgage bankers, loan processors, and loan closers in order to increase production, improve quality, enhance efficiency, and maintain superior customer service; makes recommendations on improving the underwriting process, procedure and policy.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Ability to apply sound credit risk principles and practices in making mortgage loan decisions in a timely and decisive manner
- Thorough knowledge of mortgage underwriting procedures, policies, guidelines and regulations
- Thorough knowledge of credit, income and asset analysis and property review and valuation
- Thorough knowledge of mortgage investor's guidelines to include; Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
- Ability to lead by example and participate as an effective member; conducts self as a professional
- Ability to effectively solve problems
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High degree of attention to detail
Work is normally performed in climate controlled office environment, where exposure to conditions of extreme heat/cold, poor ventilation, fumes and gases is very limited. Noise level is moderate and includes sounds of a normal office environment. No environmental hazards are encountered in performance of normal job duties.
BOK Financial is a stable and financially strong organization that provides excellent training and development to support building the long term careers of our employees. With passion, skill and partnership you can make an impact on the success of the bank, our customers and your own career!
Apply today and take the first step towards your next career opportunity!
BOK Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or veteran status.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.