Posted in Other 13 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Join our Agency team! First American's Agency Division is dedicated to providing our policy-issuing agents with resources, services and underwriting guidance needed to achieve new levels of success. As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. We believe that our people are the key to the company s continued success, and we invest in diverse talents and backgrounds and empower our teams to achieve more than they could anywhere else. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For list for the fifth consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com
Provides underwriting support and expertise to company personnel, agents, and customer(s), related to the issuance of real estate title insurance commitments and policies. Utilizes underwriting standards and guidelines within delegated authority limits, to underwrite the issuance of title insurance and provide guidance in the performance of real estate settlement services.
* Provides underwriting support, counsel, and authorization to company personnel, agents, and customer(s), related to the issuance of real estate title insurance commitments and policies
* Utilizes underwriting standards and guidelines within delegated authority limits, to underwrite the issuance of title insurance
* Provides guidance to company personnel in the performance of real estate settlement services.
* Issues underwriting standards and guidelines in accordance with established company processes
* Responsible for communicating information related to underwriting and real estate settlement services from superiors to subordinates
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS/TECHNOLOGY USED
* Excellent understanding of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of real estate title and settlement process
* General knowledge of Federal and State regulations related to real estate title insurance and settlement services
* General understanding of underwriting real estate transactions for the issuance of title insurance policies
* Ability to collaborate and act decisively
* Detail oriented
* Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
* Good organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and timely follow up
* Strong negotiation skills
* Requires abstract thinking and creative solutions
* Ability to think outside the box and make unique yet sound decisions to resolve complex issues
* Ability to build relationships and create rapport
* Law Degree required
* Admitted to practice in state of employment
TYPICAL RANGE OF EXPERIENCE
* 8-10 years title underwriting experience
* Must be familiar with real estate law
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION
* Licensed to practice law, in good standing
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers..