Posted in Other 10 days ago.
Type: Full Time
DO WORK THAT MATTERS
At Abbott, diverse ideas, perspectives, and expertise allow us to create life-changing solutions that help people live healthier lives. In 150 countries and with businesses spanning nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices, and branded generic pharmaceuticals, Abbott offers you enormous opportunities to explore your interests and help you achieve your career and personal goals.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Account Executive within our Abbott Rapid Diagnostics business.
Abbott Rapid Diagnostics (formerly Alere) is part of Abbotts Diagnostics family of businesses, bringing together exceptional teams of experts and industry-leading technologies to support diagnostic testing which provides important information for treatment and management of diseases and other conditions.
Objective is to establish and achieve identified sales goals for the Infectious Disease portfolio of products.
Under general supervision, the scope of this position is responsible for establishing and achieving Identified sales goals for the Infectious Disease portfolio. Sales goals and objectives for these products will be assigned to a territory in support of the Companys overall strategic plan. The position is primarily focused on specific markets and customers as directed by the Company. As required to support Company priorities, this focus can be modified and/or expanded to include other markets and customers.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Identify sales opportunities and capitalize on them.
* Establish, develop and maintain the business and client relationships.
* Strategic development of POC Sales opportunities.
* Implement sales, marketing and national account programs as directed by management.
* Build and maintain a strong competitive product knowledge
* Contribute to the regions growth by understanding the AEs objectives and goals
* Assist with the management of complex sales by providing technical expertise
* Meet established sales goals and objectives while maintaining territory budget.
* Plan, coordinate and manage the sales performance of the distributor sales force(s) in the assigned territory. Train and develop these sales force(s) to establish and maintain the ability to effectively represent Alere products in the marketplace.
* Support distribution partners in the sale of products, including training, sales meetings, technical expertise, and marketing support of the Alere product lines and distributor private branded products.
* Act as a resource for contract negotiation, pricing, proposal, bid preparation and all customer follow-up.
* Identify customer issues and resolve sales related difficulties.
* Identify key IDNs and GPO targets within defined territory to increase market penetration to meet/exceed sales goals.
* Maintain selling expenses and submit timely and accurate expense reports while adhering to all corporate guidelines.
* Timely response to customer needs (e.g., return voicemail messages daily, follow up on requests, and coordinate with internal resources).
* Must be able to travel at least 50% of the time. Overnight travel as necessary to complete business requirements.
* Develop and submit sales reports, expense reports and forecasts and other required documents or reports as requested. Must actively participate in utilizing Salesforce.com (CRM).
* Monitor market, customer and competitor trends and advise management on methods to improve company competitiveness. Support sales team success through active sharing of ideas, techniques and approaches.
* Demonstrate ability to exceed sales goals, provide leadership within the sales and marketing organization and support marketing initiatives.
* Assist marketing and sales management in the development and implementation of new sales strategies, tactics and tools for new market opportunities.
* Serve as field sales trainer and mentor to newly hired personnel as needed.
* Provide regular sales reports, forecasts and communication updates to sales management.
* Maintain a superior level of knowledge of the application and technologies related to Company products to assure accurate representation to the marketplace.
* Follow standard Technical Services procedures for documenting, identifying, and reporting to Alere Technical Service any customer product complaints and ensure customer satisfaction of resolution.
* Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal/external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the companys policies and procedures.
* Identify and qualify infectious disease product opportunities
* Work in a team environment to assist with infectious disease customer targets.
* Obtain certification within the Vendor Credentialing requirements by being in compliance with current immunizations, required training, background checks and competency assessments.
* REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
* BA/BS in sales, marketing, business management
* Six to eight years experience in medical diagnostics or business to business sales.
* Understanding and experience working with Distribution partners
* Strong knowledge of sales methods and techniques.
* Demonstrated ability in execution of sales strategies.
* Proven successful POC/Capital Equipment sales experience.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/company/abbott-/, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, ABBOTT WELCOMES AND ENCOURAGES DIVERSITY IN OUR WORKFORCE.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.