Posted in Other 12 days ago.
Type: Full Time
JOIN BBH AS A FIDUCIARY SPECIALIST!
As a Fiduciary Specialist you will coordinate and administer trust accounts for various clients in a support role, with the expectation that you will gradually assume responsibility for your own book of business. In this role, you will monitor account transactions and ensure all records are accurately maintained. You also have responsibility for preparing outlines of estate planning documents and reviewing draft documents prepared by external counsel prior to execution.
MONITOR AND CONTROLS
* Open and close accounts for clients, including preparation of checklists.
* Prepare outlines of estate planning documents for review by in house counsel.
* Coordinate and administer trust accounts for various clients both in a support role and on a separate book of business.
* Monitor account transactions, including daily review and correction of overdrafts, automatic deposits and weekly review of standing remittances.
* Maintain complete records, including supporting documentation for discretionary distribution and payments.
* Maintain client contacts and work with Administrative Assistant to keep CRM up to date.
* Prepare discretionary distribution memoranda for review by Trust Officer.
* Review document drafts, prepared by external counsel, prior to execution including trusts, wills, releases and accountings.
* Prepare annual administrative account reviews.
* Respond to internal and external requests for information.
* Serve as a primary point of contact for book of business owned by Trust Officers., as well as personal book.
* Communicate basic trust and estate concepts to colleagues, co-trustees and beneficiaries.
* Assist Trust Officers with business development, as appropriate.
* Attend meetings with clients from personal book on own or in partnership with Relationship Managers.
* Prepare payment instructions and supervise input requests for client payments and transfers.
* Evaluate distribution requests with Senior Trust Officers.
* Identify and communicate types of tax planning vehicles and participate in meetings with Trust Officers.
* Provide tax department with trust agreements, outlines and gift calculations, as needed.
* Review Fiduciary Income Tax returns and Accountings.
* Demonstrate a working knowledge of the interpretation and practical application of trust and estate document provisions, trust and estate law, taxes, investments, and the legal framework of trust administration.
* Work independently on book of accounts and support Trust Officers on their book of business.
* Oversee the Administrative Assistant on the payment process and assignment of projects as required.
* Lead departmental projects, as needed.
* Bachelors degree and 5 to 10 years of relevant work experience OR
* Advanced degree and 2+ years of relevant work experience
* Ability to independently interpret legal documentation
* Strong interpersonal skills and relationship skills
* Willingness to learn new systems and procedures and the flexibility to change when necessary
* Willingness to take on new responsibilities
* Experience with Sunguard or other trust accounting systems
* Ability to identify and communicate tax planning opportunities
* Working knowledge of the interpretation and practical application of trust and estate document provisions, trust and estate law, taxes, investments, and the legal framework of trust administration.
* Excellent organization skills with a strong attention to detail.
* Experience with Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel and Word
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under federal, state or local law.