Posted in Other 6 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Length of Assignment:
Title: Facility Program Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
As the Facility Program Manager for BGIS, you will manage the maintenance activities on the basic electrical or mechanical systems to ensure system uptime, and that the services comply with best practices.
BGIS is a global leader in the provision of facility management, project delivery, energy & sustainability, asset management, workplace advisory, and real estate services. With a combined team of over 7,000 globally, BGIS relentlessly focuses on delivering innovative service solutions that create value for its clients. Globally, BGIS manages over 30,000 facilities totaling more than 340 million square feet across several markets including Government, Higher Education, Utilities, Telecommunications, Financial Services, Oil & Gas, Healthcare and Cloud Enterprise. In addition to managing a diverse portfolio of corporate offices, retail, colleges, hospitals and industrial assets, BGIS is a world leader in the management of data centers and other critical environments
What is in it for you*
128 hours of PTO
Nine paid holidays
Generous 401k match
Competitive healthcare benefits
* Completes assigned projects by utilizing appropriate resources effectively and balancing the customer requirements with the agreed upon strategies of the company.
* Determines and facilitates the usages of resources, internal and external, required for the project.
* Responsible for the successful management and completion of projects.
* Responsible for the definition of customer project requirements.
* Own, manage and implement the project schedule as a project management and client management visibility tool, establish schedule to meet or exceed customer
* Provide ongoing updates to internal team and customers regarding project status and progress.
* Work to balance competing customer production priorities and negotiate compromises among projects.
* Ensure all Projects are performed safely and in accordance with the BGIS. Safety Policies/Procedures.
* Oversee the document management process to ensure procedures and standards are established, maintained and performed.
* Capture all customer impacting and non-customer impacting events in order to become more equipped to be proactive and preventative (Problem/Incident Management (PIM).
* Ensure compliance by capturing and consolidating training into a single system and produce high level reporting.
* Establish Key Performance Indicators, and Key Factors to be used in the Measurement and Verification Phase.
* Diagnose and repair complex control systems malfunctions requiring extensive knowledge of a variety of electronic or digital controls systems and ability to test and write modifications in multiple languages of systems software.
* Provide proposals for retrofits, upgrades and/or enhancements to existing equipment.
* Responsible for ensuring high customer and employee satisfaction while maintaining profitability.
* Ensure customer project information such as sales, orders, job worksheets, and site information is forwarded to other departments such as operations and accounting to ensure quality customer service, timely billing, and financial management of the project.
* Document, manage and appropriately escalate project and customer issues and concerns.
* Communicate with other BGIS Departments to ensure agreements are successfully managed, opportunities are maximized, and customers are satisfied.
* Evaluate industry standards as new standards emerge for best practices, and closely coordinate these potential opportunities with our clients and share all applicable information abroad.
* Ability to clearly explain technical information internally and externally to the customer.
Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, and ABILITIES
* Must have demonstrated proficiency for all the responsibilities of a Critical Facilities Engineer.
* Bachelor s Degree in Business, Facilities Management, Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent field of study or equivalent work experience required.
* Five (5) years of experience in facility management or related field required.
* Knowledge of Data Center Operations and System configurations required.
* Five (5) years of experience in critical electrical industry preferred.
* Professional affiliations preferred (24x7, IFMA, and Data Center Pulse).
* Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, Outlook and Visio required; working knowledge of SharePoint required.
* Expert knowledge of Data Center Operations and System configurations required.
* Eight (8) years of Journeyman level HVAC or Electrical experience preferred.
* Knowledge of building infrastructure systems required.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
* Strong team building and training skills required.
* Working knowledge of typical mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and life safety systems associated to Critical Environments preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
* Ability and willingness to travel up to 50%.
* Physical ability to walk jobsites in uneven terrain.
* Provide personal transportation for meetings and job visits away from the office; reimbursed.
* Ability and willingness to work weekends, holidays, overtime as required, and be "on call" on a 24 x 7 basis for emergency situations.
* Work in potentially hazardous environments with noise, moving parts, electrical and combustion equipment
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment and training.
BGIS is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within BGIS who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
* Back Share