Posted in Other 6 days ago.
Type: Full Time
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the direction of the Patient Service Manager, the Robotic Service Line Coordinator (RSLC) organizes patient care activities and serves as the primary clinical resource to the Peri-Op Team in the Robotic Service Line to provide quality nursing care. The RSLC supports the overall coordination of the surgical specialty and actively collaborates with physicians and staff to facilitate the dynamic environment of perioperative services.
* Engages surgeons and associates in the development of Robotics Service Line budgetary requirements.
* Serves as the primary surgeon interface for the Robotics Service Line.
* Actively solicit surgeon and staff input for service line enhancement
* Actively round on surgical patients in the Ambulatory Surgery Unit (ASU) prior to procedure as well as on In-Patient Unit post procedure. Required to support intra-operative team and Robotics Service Line.
* Leads associate and physician education related to Robotic Service Line (equipment/supplies).
* Collaboratively works with Perioperative Leadership Team, Clinical Materials Management and Sterile Processing to ensure accuracy of surgical case needs.
* Maintains an environment to assure surgical specialty readiness for all accreditation and regulatory surveys.
* Exhibit ethical and professional responsibility to contribute to patient care, Lawrence and Memorial Hospital, Westerly Hospital and the patients in perioperative services.
* Demonstrates knowledge and implements patient safety and quality improvements for the defined surgical specialty.
* Collaboratively works with specialty surgeons to promote optimal patient care safety and efficiencies.
* Collects, collates, and maintains program statistics and report out metrics on a routine basis to include but not limited to first case on time starts and turnover time.
* Encourage and mentor hospital associates to ensure competencies are completed/maintained
* Meets performance expectations for Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, and Staff and
Self Development as outlined in performance review.
* Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure smooth operation of the program.
* Demonstrates the ability to respond to multiple demands at once and prioritize and delegate appropriate tasks to all Peri-Op Team Members to facilitate the efficient and safe movement of patients through the OR
* Demonstrates value, diversity and respect for all people in the work environment and ensure the successful execution of service excellence standards for all customers.
* Serves as a patient navigator for the population undergoing Robotic Surgery within the General, GYN, Colo-Rectal, and Urological specialties
Education: Graduation from an accredited School of nursing. BSN required or matriculating.
Experience: Minimum 2 years perioperative OR experience with a minimum of 1 year experience in designated surgical specialty field.
Training: Hospital orientation provided.
Licensure: Current CT State RN Licensure is required. Rhode Island State RN Licensure required within 6 months of hire. Specialty certification preferred.
Other: Demonstrates strong interpersonal communication skills, maintains a high level of customer service, prioritizes needs of department and surgical specialty and organized operational efficiencies. Is clinically competent to provide care to patient population.