Posted in Other 12 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Founded in 1886, Buckeye Partners, L.P. has a proven track record of stability and success. We pride ourselves on the laser focus we apply to safely providing service and value to our customers, operating under a strong set of values, and empowering our employees to make decisions. We have a tenacious commitment to environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance in all that we do.
It is our internal culture that sets us apart from other companies. Our goal is to provide our employees with a greater span of responsibility, the ability to make decisions, and access to experts to help you build your skills and experiences. Each of our career tracks provides employees with the ability to innovate, and be a significant contributor from their first day on the job.
Buckeye Partners is currently seeking a Specialist II, ROW, Real Estate & Damage Prevention with experience in Right of Way, Real Estate, Damage Prevention or other related fields in the Oil & Gas Industry to join our team!
The Specialist, Right of Way, Real Estate and Damage Prevention role is responsible for leading the implementation of Corporate Right of Way, Real Estate and Damage Prevention Programs, Policies, Initiatives and Projects in support of Field Operations within his/her assigned areas of responsibility.
Responsibilities & Essential Functions include:
Skills from Right of Way Agent I, plus:
* Manage and administer real property rights as assigned. Acquire and/or retain necessary fee property, easements, licenses, leases, permits, and approvals to provide for the location and installation of terminal and pipeline facilities and new business ventures.
* Manage and maintain the 3rd party leases as assigned.
* Responsible for drafting and completing the acquisition or release of rights and restrictions of easements and other facility occupancy instruments based on fair market value as required.
* Proficiently understand and apply the policies and procedures the Damage Prevention Procedure Manual and Right of Way Use Restriction Specifications and conduct Work Procedure Reviews as assigned.
* Manage the Encroachment Review process as assigned by reviewing construction plans submitted by third parties to ensure that proposed land development does not impact the safety and integrity of facilities or interfere with continued, safe pipeline and terminal operations.
* Manage activities related to Company acquisitions and divestitures including due diligence and integration or disposition of assets, title searchs, exams, reports and commitments, tite insurance polcies, property surveys, fair market value appraisals, title transfers and transaction closings, deed/easement recordings, lease agreements, and file transfers.
* Work with business development in supporting potential growth opportunities from a real estate and right of way perspective.
* Manage encroachment remediation and resolution activities as assigned, including support of the Vegetation Maintenance Program Projects as necessary.
* Advanced knowledge and experience of land management, real estate law, accounting and forestry required.
* Advanced experience to interpret/review engineering documents and utility crossings.
* Must possess experience in understanding, interpreting and applying right of way easements and other related legal instruments as well as contract/lease language and law related to property rights.
* Intermediate level proficiency using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
* Intermediate level proficiency using GeoHub GIS or Google Earth Pro is highly preferred.
* Basic proficiency with JDE, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Project, Oracle Primavera Portfolio Management, CLS LiNK, CLS GIS Viewer highly preferred.
* 3rd Party Damage Settlements/Dispute Resolutions/Reimbursements - Initiate, structure, negotiate and close damage settlements related to Company construction/maintenance/terminal projects, mitigate, negotiate and resolve property owner disputes and act as Company's claims agent in pursuing and collecting reimbursement from third parties who damaged Company facilities/assets.
* Damage Prevention/Public Awareness/Media Coordination - Act as the Subject Matter Expert for the Damage Prevention Procedure Manual, ensure compliance performance with the Damage Prevention Procedure Manual to protect Company facilities and provide periodic training to the assigned Asset Teams. Represent Company at Public Awareness events and activities within the assigned geographic area and educate and promote pipeline safety. Represent Company to local and state public officials in professional manner and communicate Company safety messages. Support the Emergency Response Team in incident responses and handle media and local government relations as directed by the Incident Commander.
* ROW / Pipeline and Terminal Protector (Point Persons) Coordination - Develop and educate ROW / Pipeline Protector Point Persons in ROW, Real Estate and Damage Prevention practices and provide guidance in the implementation of Programs, Policies and Procedures.
* Regulatory Compliance Performance - Support the Corporate Team and Asset Teams on Regulatory Compliance matters related to the Damage Prevention Procedure Manual and other DOT PHMSA matters.
* Outside Resources Coordination - Assist with the procurement of professional services including real estate and right of way services, survey, appraisal and legal and oversee and direct such services in support of assigned company projects in accordance with corporate policies.
* And other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of relevant experience and education required.
* 5 to 7 years direct experience in Right of Way or similar role within pipeline or utility operations or a similar industry required.
* Intermediate level IRWA Right of Way Courses on Engineering Review, Encroachments or Property Rights Law with ARWP or RWP Credential progressing toward CPL Credential
* Intermediate level AAPL Land Management Practices Courses with RL Credential or RPL Credential progressing toward CPL Credential.
* Microsoft Office Intermediate level Courses in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
* Intermediate level GeoHub GIS Course
* Up to 25% travel required.
Certificates & Licenses:
* Notary Public status desired.
* Basic, Intermediate and Expert level IRWA Right of Way Courses on Engineering Review, Encroachments or Property Rights Law with ARWP (Associate Right of Way Professional) or RWP (Right of Way Professional) Credential progressing toward IRWA SR/RA (Senior Right of Way Professional) Credential preferred; or,
* Basic, Intermediate and Expert AAPL Land Management Practices Courses with an RL (Registered Landman) Credential or RPL (Registered Professional Landman) Credential progressing toward CPL (Certified Professional Landman) Credential preferred.
Other Skills, Attributes and Abilities:
* Possess exceptional communication skills - speaking, listening, and writing.
* Employ effective negotiating strategies. One must have the ability to endure mentally challenging and emotionally charged communications with outside parties.
* Be well organized, creative, and objective.
* Have excellent interpersonal skills. One must be people-oriented, be an effective communicator, and be able to establish accountability and rapport as a Company liaison. One must also be prepared to act as a Company representative, thereby displaying a high level of professionalism and integrity.
* Have good qualitative problem-solving skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.