Posted in Other 5 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Founded in 1886, Buckeye Partners, L.P. has a proven track record of stability and success. We pride ourselves on the laser focus we apply to safely providing service and value to our customers, operating under a strong set of values, and empowering our employees to make decisions. We have a tenacious commitment to environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance in all that we do.
It is our internal culture that sets us apart from other companies. Our goal is to provide our employees with a greater span of responsibility, the ability to make decisions, and access to experts to help you build your skills and experiences. Each of our career tracks provides employees with the ability to innovate and be a significant contributor from their first day on the job.
Buckeye Partners is currently seeking a Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst - Developer with experience in the design and support of new and existing enterprise planning and business intelligence information systems. in the Oil & Gas Industry to join our team!
The Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst - Developer works with business and IT counterparts and is responsible for the design and support of new and existing enterprise planning and business intelligence information systems, dashboards and reports. This role prioritizes data and information requirements and helps to solve complex technical and analytical problems. This position participates in project teams to define and implement new or updated technologies, standards, testing methodologies, training for enterprise wide business intelligence and planning solutions.
Responsibilities & Essential Functions include:
* Serve as an expert/lead technical specialist for the direction and development of complex, enterprise class business solutions.
* Drive the planning, budgeting, business intelligence and data warehouse design in concert with business and IT resources.
* Responsible for the design, documentation, development, testing and deployment of various business intelligence and planning applications, dashboards and reports in support of the business.
* Help to support, troubleshoot and maintain existing legacy business applications (Microsoft environment, Cognos, etc.).
* Communicate and demonstrate design concepts and development principles to others on the team.
* Act as subject matter expert for Business Intelligence in support of all business applications.
* Participate with other teams in integration efforts as new systems are deployed or legacy systems are retrofitted into Buckeye business practices.
* Develop and provide training for new and existing applications.
* Support other areas/special projects as needed.
* And other duties as assigned.
* Bachelors or Masters Degree in an Information Technology, Data Science, or Data Analytics
* 10+ years related experience in appropriate specialty areas including but not limited to: Analysis and design, Business Intelligence principals, database analysis, application support management, financial applications and related data
* Experience in the Microsoft platform (Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate, Microsoft Azure Cloud) is desired
* Knowledge base with Azure Cloud BI data architechture including but not limited to Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks, Azure Analysis Service, and Azure Synapse Analytics is desired
* Prefer experience with ETL processes
* SQL Server experience is required
* Cognos experience in any of the following areas Cognos 10 BI, PowerPlay, Report Studio, Metric Studio, Analysis Studio.
* Ability to travel up to 20% domestically and internationally
Certificates & Licenses:
* Microsoft Certification preferred
* Other Business Analysis, Business Intelligence and Data Architecture certifications desired
Other Skills, Attributes and Abilities:
* This position requires exceptional analytical and technical skills. One must be able to pay particular attention to detail and accuracy, and be able to recognize symptoms, analyze business scenarios, and take appropriate action to define and implement successful business strategies
* This position requires strong communication and interpersonal skills. One must be able to assist users in a pleasant, non-technical manner for problem resolution.
* This position requires the ability to safely and successfully perform essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and or/quantitative productivity standards.
* This role requires the ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
* This position requires compliance with all personnel policies.
Physical & Safety Requirements:
* The person in this position needs to occasionally move inside the office to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
* This role continuously operates a computer and other office productivity equipment (i.e. a calculator, copy machine and computer printer).
To be successful in the Buckeye culture, our employees must Possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. You must be able to work independently. You must also be able to exercise tact, discretion, and professionalism when dealing with internal clients and external counterparties (customers, vendors, etc.), as well as when handling sensitive and confidential information.
Buckeye Partners wants to create and reward an organizational focus that stimulates the creative and entrepreneurial actions of our employees and results in innovative ways of reducing costs, generating revenues, improving productivity, or improving processes.
Buckeye Partners, L.P. is the logistical solutions partner of choice for the global energy business and one of the nation's largest independent petroleum products pipeline transportation and terminalling service provider; our strength is to create centers of expertise around our products, technologies and client needs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP on the following website: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)