Posted in Other 4 days ago.
Type: Full Time
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
We are looking for a creative, collaborative, and entrepreneurial content marketer to support storytelling for VP of Service personas. The Editorial Lead will manage content creation and editorial planning as part of Salesforce s content strategy team for service. In this invaluable role, you ll bring a high bar for editorial quality, the ability to simplify complex topics through writing and editing, and proven expertise in putting a content plan into action across production, optimization, and amplification.
If you re the right candidate, then storytelling, clear communication, and organizational skills are in your DNA. Your colleagues would describe you as resourceful, comfortable with ambiguity, and open to acting on constructive feedback. You probably have your company s style guide memorized and you have a sixth sense for when a piece of content isn t striking the right tone.
This strategic role works cross-functionally to align key collaborators on cross-channel, multimedia content that resonates with both prospects and customers alike. This team member won t plan, write, and edit in a silo. Instead, they ll forge relationships with internal and external stakeholders to create strategic content that suits each audience s needs. The Editorial Lead will also track content growth along the way and craft strong executive-facing slide decks to support and explain that growth.
* Write, edit, and curate original content for the service personas in a way that is search optimized, relevant, and informative
* Leverage content of all kinds including influencer interviews, media bylines, blog posts, brand journalism, multimedia series, learning modules on Trailhead, and long-form instructional articles to meet content marketing goals and objectives
* Plan and maintain an editorial calendar that supports our marketing and product marketing strategy
* Uphold Salesforce voice and tone in every piece of content
* Pitch new story ideas and content formats
* Design, appoint, and oversee editorial review board
* Collaborate with product marketing, creative, campaigns, social media, customer marketing, and program management as key stakeholders
* Together with key stakeholders, prioritize topics within the editorial calendar, ensure consistent quality, and optimize delivery across channels
* Maintain clear, organized communication to stakeholders, even as team goals and priorities shift
* Interview Salesforce customer Trailblazers and incorporate their voices into content to tell their unique, inspiring stories
* Measure success and test new ways of doing things
* Use key analytics tools to track and measure content performance, test, tweak, and constantly improve
* Contribute to other content team initiatives including events, strategic communications, and executive presentations when needed
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* 5+ years of experience in content marketing, journalism, or professional writing/editing at a tech company (or within a similar fast-paced industry).
* Knowledge of how to speak to service leaders and audiences, as well as content marketing, social media, and content delivery trends.
* Stay up to date of SEO best practices and proven track record of optimizing content for organic traffic growth.
* Deep knowledge of the customer service space and how its leading companies are leveraging tech and digital transformation. You re plugged into what s trending at the intersection of business and technology.
* Past experience as a lead writer or editor following a style guide. Only the best content passes your sniff test, and you take pride in your first draft.
* Creative thinker who can not only identify gaps or opportunities, but also offers ways to address them. When you encounter obstacles, you find an effective solution with a positive mindset.
* Excessively organized. Your calendar is your best friend, and while leading meetings with stakeholders, you make sure their time is well spent.
* Proven ability to work well externally: with customers, with channel partners, and with agencies.
* Beyond external content, you bring internal communication excellence using Quip, Google Slides, and other meeting tools to get the whole team onboard. You use on-slide visuals and a sparkling talk track to share data, ideas, and insights quickly.
* Experience working with Google Analytics, Kapost, Quip, AEM, and Wordpress a plus.
* Social media and influencer marketing skills a plus.
ACCOMMODATIONS - If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.