Posted in Other 6 days ago.
Type: Full Time
TEST ENGINEER INTERN
Job ID: 14096
Ames, IA, US JOB DESCRIPTION
Danfoss is looking for a Test Engineer Intern to join us at our Ames, Iowa location. The Test Engineer Intern will provide Test Lab equipment support primarily within the Ames campus. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
* Ability to work part-time during Fall/Spring Semesters (10-20 hours/week); full-time during Summer months (40 hours/week)
* Design, implement, maintain, specify, and troubleshoot Ames Test Lab equipment
* Collaborate with engineering peers, engineering technicians, customers (internally and externally), project management, contractors, subcontractors, IT department, global colleagues, maintenance staff, and vendors as projects require
BACKGROUND & SKILLS
* Pursuing a degree in Mechanical, Agricultural, or Electrical Engineering
* Understanding of hydraulic and electrical schematics; hydraulic pumps and motors
* Lab testing methods
* A high degree of technical aptitude with strong hands on experience with mechanisms and machinery
* Ability to document requirements for new projects and finalize documentation for completed projects
* Strong troubleshooting skills
* Experience with Autocad, Unigraphics NX, and C programming are a plus
* Excellent communication, interpersonal and team building skills
DANFOSS ENGINEERING TOMORROW
At Danfoss, we are engineering solutions that allow the world to use resources in smarter ways driving the sustainable transformation of tomorrow. No transformation has ever been started without a group of passionate, dedicated and empowered people. We believe that innovation and great results are driven by the right mix of people with diverse backgrounds, personalities, skills, and perspectives, reflecting the world in which we do business. To make sure the mix of people works, we strive to create an inclusive work environment where people of all backgrounds are treated equally, respected, and valued for who they are. It is a strong priority within Danfoss to improve the health, working environment and safety of our employees.
Following our founder s mindset action speaks louder than words , we set ourselves ambitious targets to protect the environment by embarking on a plan to become CO2 neutral latest by 2030.
Danfoss is an EO employer and VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected category.