Posted in Other 10 days ago.
Type: Full Time
REGIONAL SALES MANAGER - ROCKY MOUNTAINS
Job ID: 4501
Longmont, CO, US Danfoss is looking for a Regional Sales Manager Local to the Rocky Mountain region (ie Denver, CO or Salt Lake City, UT) who will be responsible for developing and strengthening customer relationships while maximizing sales within the Industrial Rocky Mountain Region (Assigned Region: NM, CO, UT, WY, MT, Western ND). This position is accountable for achieving the Regional sales and profitability goals and will report to the VP of Sales- Central West Zone. The RSM will focus on End Users, Distribution, OEM s, and System Integrators as they relate to Industrial, Irrigation, and Industrial Water Markets.
Background and Skills
To be considered for this position you must have a Bachelor s degree in Electrical Engineering or similar field (BSEET or BSME) along with the following:
* 5+ Years relevant experience with variable speed drives and/or automation.
* Ability to travel within the region with up to 60% overnight
* Experience demonstrating a solid track record of meeting aggressive sales objectives with all facets of building and executing successful sales plans.
* Must have advanced strategic thinking, decision-making, and problem-solving skills with excellent written and oral communications skills and the ability to deliver presentations in both small and large group environments.
* Ability to write reports, recommendations, proposals, and other documents for executive business management.
* Must be able to work independently with time management and organizational skills
* Proficiency in the use of computer software applications for sales management. Computer proficiency in Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word applications is required. Microsoft Teams is a plus.
* Deep motivation to make positive individual contributions to the team and business.
* Strong technical knowledge of VFD and applications as well as Automation and Irrigation markets within the assigned territory is strongly preferred.
* Excellent business acumen with the ability to gain strong product and product positioning knowledge is preferred.
* Experience developing a distribution network preferred
Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
* Develop and sustain a sales plan for region which meets or exceeds targets.
* Responsible the Region s forecasting and reports used to conduct business.
* Grow End User, Distribution, OEM, and System Integrator business.
* Lead Account/Market plans to grow profitable business.
* Proactively work with Sales Representatives and Distribution to deploy sales strategies.
* Excel within a matrixed, multinational sales organization to coordinate projects that include: quoting, submitting, manufacture, installation, and service.
* Build and maintain a pipeline of sales opportunities that supports exceeding target sales Quotas.
* Become Danfoss Drives subject matter expert for your region and remain current as new solutions and products are released.
* Lead and facilitate on site customer product training.
* Develop strong ties with key accounts and be proactive in understanding the trends and issues likely to impact the market.
We are Engineering Tomorrow
The world faces growing populations, booming urbanization and rapid climate change. At Danfoss, we engineer ready-to-use solutions to these challenges. We build energy-efficient solutions that reduce food loss and make cities cleaner using digital technology to make systems smarter and more connected and we engineer innovative new ways to save energy and transition to clean energy for the good of our climate.
Danfoss gives you unique opportunities to put your skills to good use, make an impact and shape an exciting career. We encourage employees to take charge, do extraordinary things and run the business like it was their own. Danfoss is a global market-leading technology company. We are respected around the world and across industries for our innovative, high-quality products and solutions. Join Danfoss to be part of a world-class team of over 27,000 people in 56 countries that engineer tomorrow and build a better future.
Please watch how Danfoss is engineering tomorrow
Danfoss is an EO employer and VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected category.