Posted in Other 12 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Cubic Mission Solutions
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We re the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
JOB SUMMARY: Performs complex testing and evaluation of digital, analog and radio frequency electronic assemblies following written test procedures. Documents failures, anomalies and trends IAW EMS/Quality system. This position typically works under general supervision and direction.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* KNOWLEDGE IN RF WITH PREFERENCE IN MICROWAVE WAVE, MIXED-SIGNAL OR ANALOG TESTING IS PREFERRED.
* Performs complex functional, operational and environmental tests to evaluate performance of military electronic components, assemblies, chassis and systems in accordance with engineering and customer requirements.
* Reads and interprets work orders, test procedures, electronic schematics, parts lists, assembly drawings and specifications AND APPLY TROUBLESHOOTING CONCEPTS WITH PROBLEM SOLVING SKILLS.
* DEMONSTRATED KNOWLEDGE OF BLOCK DIAGRAMS FOR THE FOLLOWING: RECEIVERS, LO SYNTHESIZERS, AND RF DISTRIBUTION UNITS.
* Sets up manual and computer automated test equipment with test units in accordance with test procedure setup diagrams
* Operates and maintains a wide range of test equipment including digital multimeters, oscilloscopes, POWER METERS, signal generators, spectrum analyzers, logic analyzers, automated test equipment, environmental chambers, etc.
* Performs, analyzes and records test measurements and results to verify compliance with detailed test requirements and specifications.
* MUST BE FAMILIAR WITH MEASUREMENT OF PSAT, P1DB, IP3, SPURIOUS AND HARMONIC OUTPUTS.
* Identifies, troubleshoots and diagnoses test failures DOWN TO THE COMPONENT LEVEL, and documenting investigation actions and appropriate rework instructions for assembly personnel.
* Coordinates test failure reporting and corrective actions with Quality Assurance, Engineering and/or immediate supervision.
* Interfaces with engineering personnel to resolve design and test procedure change issues.
* Assists Engineering in design, assembly, test and development of prototype electronic assemblies.
* Prepares and revises test procedures or specifications.
* Reports status of ongoing test activities to immediate supervisor.
* Calibrates or repairs failed test equipment.
* Assembles and disassembles test systems or deliverable equipment using basic hand tools.
* PERFORM SMT REPAIRS TO IPC STANDARDS
* May assist, train or lead other co-workers in group test activities.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Two-year college degree, or military technical training or equivalent, plus a minimum of six years experience in electronics production testing. Must have good communication skills. Ability to follow written and verbal directions, prioritize work, complete multiple tasks, work under deadlines, concentrate and apply technical skills. Ability to handle and coordinate a high volume product line. Ability to use hand tools and test equipment. May require ability to lift up to 50 pounds. Must be available for domestic and international travel in performance of duties. Must be able to obtain a security clearance. May be required to work weekends and holidays to support customer needs. Ability to obtain a permit for, and operate a forklift.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.
Cubic is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable law