Posted in Other 9 days ago.
Type: Full Time
FULL TIME POSITION IN HERNDON VA
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Test Designer II will work with Application Development staff in creating and maintaining a robust quality assurance process for testing Client's applications. The Test Designer II will be working in an Agile/Scrum environment where the focus is on the teamwork and ownership of each project. The ideal candidate will create and maintain manual and automated tests within the client and will act as a quality advocate within their Scrum team and across the client to ensure QA standards and processes as necessary throughout the Agile SDLC.
HOW YOU CONTRIBUTE:
* Work with business partners, product management, and application development to ensure that developed applications and infrastructure changes meet client's business needs and deliver business value.
* Create and adjust test design strategies, test plans, and test data as needed to meet changing user requirements,
* Verify software functionality based on the test strategy and test plans created, and utilize various software testing methodologies to identify the decision points in the software.
* Act as a technical lead for other testers within their Scrum Development team.
* Interface with the Product Owner, Scrum Dev team, and ScrumMaster to lead the testing efforts for various projects.
* Demonstrate NSC's competencies, which align with our corporate value
* Bachelor's degree or some equivalent combination of education and experience, including through military service will also be considered.
* Proficient in software testing/quality assurance, typically acquired through 9-12 years of experience in a formal testing role.
* 6-8 years of QA SDLC process experience, to include previous experience in test strategy and test plan creation.
* 4+ years of experience in testing web-based applications.
* 4+ years of SQL experience, with strong understanding of database structure and design, to include advanced SQL language query skills.
* Demonstrated experience in:
* Performing cross-browser compatibility testing.
* API/web services testing.
* Testing integrated 3rd party applications.
* Performing in a technical lead QA role on multiple Agile projects.
* Experience in planning the implementation of automated test plans and automated testing using either open source or commercial test automation tools.
* Knowledge of Database design and usage.
* Live within a commutable distance of Herndon, VA.
Additional Desired skills:
* Experience utilizing Selenium IDE, Selenium Webdriver tools, Kinesis, and API tools (e.g., Rest Assured).
* Experience testing automated reporting tools such as Tableau.
* Experience in testing EDI files and processes, preferably related to Post Secondary Electronic Standards Council (PESC) approved standards.
* Ability to modify and maintain test frameworks via Java coding.
* Experience in testing Business Intelligence tools including visualizations.
Digital Intelligence Systems, LLC (DISYS) will consider for employment all qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, and an arrest or conviction will not automatically disqualify a qualified applicant from consideration from employment.