Posted in Other 9 days ago.
Type: Full Time
ASSOCIATE DEPUTY EDITOR-MEDIA
Date: Oct 15, 2020
Location: 01938, MA, US, 01938
Company: EBSCO Industries Inc
EBSCO Health is part of EBSCO Information Services (EIS), a division of EBSCO Industries Inc. EIS provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow.
Associate Deputy Editor Media
DynaMed is a leading online evidence-based point-of-care medical reference. It is a rapidly growing, comprehensive clinical decision resource that provides the most current and useful synthesized evidence with the quickest time-to-answer. The Associate Deputy Editor Media will play a major role in achieving the DynaMed media objectives. They will collaborate across teams to understand media needs, and to identify the most useful media content at the point-of-care and incorporate it into the product.
The ideal candidate is a licensed medical practitioner with clinical experience, with a good understanding of the role of media at the point-of-care. The candidate needs to be able to identify images, videos, and other forms of content most likely to be useful to practicing clinicians.
The Associate Deputy Editor Media will also be responsible for developing and/or editing high-quality content within specific content domain(s), applying both clinical knowledge/experience and the principles of evidence-based medicine. The candidate must have the ability to analyze and critically appraise medical research and literature and edit work produced by editorial team.
* Work with clinical leadership to understand media goals
* Perform targeted searches of existing media resources to fulfill requests from editorial team and customers
* Identify potential new vendors for licensing agreements
* Collaborate with EBSCO Clinical Decisions Media Team on creation of new media assets
* Publish new media assets to disease topic pages
* Facilitate topic enhancement and development, systematic literature surveillance, and regular review
* Act as a clinical resource for other team members
* Assume additional responsibility for content, workflow, or project that creates value in pursuing DynaMed mission
* Medical degree with license/certification current and in good standing
* Specialty board certification (if applicable)
* = 1-year experience using EBSCO Clinical Decisions products, specifically DynaMed
* Basic understanding of copyright and fair use policies
* 2 years experience with MS Office Suite including Word (with use of track changes), Excel, and Teams
* Demonstrated understanding/use of principles of evidence-based medicine
* Demonstrated understanding of use of health information technology to support clinical decision-making
* Demonstrated ability to manage discrete projects or teams
* Ability to exercise judgment to make decisions and produce content requiring minimal changes
* Ability to self-manage multiple tasks and priorities within deadlines, and report on work produced
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Media, Marketing Apply now .