Posted in Other 9 days ago.
Type: Full Time
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER: SEARCH ENGINE TEAM
Date: Oct 15, 2020
Location: Ipswich, MA, US, 01938
Company: EBSCO Industries Inc
EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
Senior Software Engineer: Search Engine Team
Our Search Services Engineering team is focused on continuously improving the EBSCOhost.com search experience. In this role, you will research, analyze, design, develop and sustain a large-scale, high-volume, high-availability information search and retrieval system running on Linux and Windows platforms. You will actively participate in replatforming and modernization activities for the search stack leveraging AWS and Cognitive technologies.
* Understand architecture of search system and components and interfaces
* Research, prototype and present search enhancements and technologies.
* Design and develop software components and tools to extend and enhance our search systems
* Collaborate with teammates to refine and prioritize requirements, estimate and scope work, and time releases.
* Collaborate with teammates on decisions/solutions related to search engine.
* Collaborate with teammates in documenting search technologies, systems and tools
* Assist in troubleshooting search problems and repairing defects
* Bachelors Degree in the field or 4 Years equivalent experience
* 1 year experience with Unix operating systems
* 4 years experience developing, deploying, tuning large scale, high-performance distributed systems.
* 5 years experience with OOA/OOD and OO programming using C++, Java
* Experience working in Agile teams that leverage CI/CD tools
* Experience with AWS
* Experience with database systems (Relational/SQL, No-SQL, Graph Databases)
* Basic understanding of Information Retrieval systems and techniques
* Solid understanding of core algorithms and data structures (order, complexity, hashes, trees, others).
* Demonstrated ability to create diagrams, charts and graphs to convey concepts both to engineering staff and management
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment
* Knowledge of multiple language support and natural language recognition and processing
* Experience with search technologies such as Elastic Search is a big plus
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Developer, Engineer, Software Engineer, Linux, Java, Technology, Engineering Apply now .