Posted in Other 5 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Hillphoenix is a leading manufacturer of Display Cases, Specialty Products, Refrigeration Systems, Power Systems and Comprehensive Services. The story of Hillphoenix is built on creativity and customer-centric innovation delivered by people invigorated by a strong sense of responsibility to help our customers win in their marketplaces. The relationships we build with our customers are as important to our success as the products we manufacture. This collaborative environment delivers FRESH THINKING, reassuring our customers that they choose the best when they choose to work with the people of Hillphoenix. Hillphoenix is part of the Refrigeration and Food Equipment segment of the Dover Corporation (NYSE: DOV). Dover is a diversified global manufacturer with annual revenues in excess of $7 billion.
Job Title: Material Handler II - 1st shift
Location: South Chesterfield, VA
What we are looking for:
This position is responsible for organizing, transporting, and delivering materials throughout warehouse and manufacturing facilities.
* Read labels, count/organize parts for storage and delivery, and deliver material to correct location.
* Operate material handling equipment to include forklift, standing lift, 4D lift, tugger, etc.
* Read, understand, and follow prescribed routes for material delivery.
* Audit and maintain point of use locations to ensure adherence to prescribed material flow processes.
* Maintain a clean, organized, and safe work area using 5S methodology.
Minimum Quantifiable Competencies:
* HS Diploma/GED.
* Minimum 2 years experience operating material handling equipment (ex: forklift, standing lift, 4D lift, tugger, etc.)
* Minimum six months experience working in a manufacturing or warehouse environment.
* Able to quickly and accurately count, add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers.
* Previous experience creating and implementing process improvements in assigned work areas.
Strengths needed for this role: (Functional Skills)
* Customer Focus
* Manages Complexity
* Decision Quality
* Action Oriented
* Plans and Aligns
* Ensures Accountability
* Drives Results
* Drives Engagement
Essential Physical/Environmental Requirements
* May be required to perform specific tasks that involve standing, bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, squatting or kneeling.
* Must be able to lift with or without mechanical aids on a recurring basis (up to 50 lbs).
* Work is performed within a production environment, subject to temperature variations, hazardous chemicals, mechanical parts, increased noise levels and dust
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.
This position may be located in: Americas : United States : Virginia : South Chesterfield
Sub Division : Hillphoenix Case
Job Requisition ID : 34122.