Posted in Other 11 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Hillphoenix is a leading manufacturer of Display Cases, Specialty Products, Refrigeration Systems, Power Systems and Comprehensive Services. The story of Hillphoenix is built on creativity and customer-centric innovation delivered by people invigorated by a strong sense of responsibility to help our customers win in their marketplaces. The relationships we build with our customers are as important to our success as the products we manufacture. This collaborative environment delivers FRESH THINKING, reassuring our customers that they choose the best when they choose to work with the people of Hillphoenix. Hillphoenix is part of the Refrigeration and Food Equipment segment of the Dover Corporation (NYSE: DOV). Dover is a diversified global manufacturer with annual revenues in excess of $7 billion.
Job Title: Quality Technician II - 2nd Shift
Location: South Chesterfield, VA
What you will be responsible for in this role:
* Conduct root cause analysis on components, parts, and/or finished product that do not meet specified customer or internal requirements and recommend courses of action/fixes to address issues.
* Partner with functional organizations (manufacturing, engineering, product development, sales, etc.) to identify, analyze, recommend, and implement solutions to address quality issues, eliminate/reduce scrap, improve manufacturing processes, reduce parts errors and/or failures, improve product variability, etc.
* Develop, implement, record, and report on routine internal and specialized customer quality audits.
* Develop and implement standard work instructions and standards, quality alerts, standard operating procedures, etc.
* Measure parts to prints using precise measuring equipment such as calipers, micrometers, CMM, etc.
* Conduct tests to ensure cases meet required internal and customer requirements.
What are the basic qualifications?
* High school diploma or GED.
* Minimum two (2) years of experience in a quality control/assurance role or other position that requires evaluating product quality against a defined set of specifications.
* Able to read and comprehend wiring diagrams, blueprints, parts/component/assembly drawings.
* Demonstrated proficiency using precision measurement equipment (i.e. calipers, protractors, micrometers, etc.)
What are the preferred qualifications?
* ASQ Certified Quality Tech/Inspector or other recognized Quality standard (ex: ISO, UL, NSF)
* Associates degree and/or certification in technical field
* Demonstrated ability to operate and prioritize in a fast-paced, changing environment
* Effective communicator; able to communicate verbally and in written format with both front-line and department leadership
* Demonstrates initiative; proactively looks for ways to address and get ahead of issues
* Demonstrated track record of driving continuous improvement in assigned areas of responsibility.
To be a great fit for the role:
* Customer Focus
* Manages Complexity
* Decision Quality
* Action Oriented
* Plans and Aligns
* Ensures Accountability
* Drives Results
* Drives Engagement
How We Define Our Values and Why You Should Join Our Team:
The backbone behind our collection of outstanding businesses is a team of dedicated employees who protect and enhance our valued reputation for quality and delivering what we promise. It's our values that define Dover to all of our key audiences: our shareholders, customers, prospective employees and especially to ourselves.
These values must be expressed in our work and embody our actions, as they form the basis by which we do our jobs, make decisions and measure our performance. It's our unwavering commitment to maintaining our values that defines who we are as a Company.
* Collaborative Entrepreneurial Spirit
* Winning Through Customers
* Respects and Values People
* Expectations for Results
* High Ethical Standards, Openness, and Trust
What's in it for you?
* Medical, Dental, and Vision
* 401k Retirement Plan
* Flexible Spending
* Profit Sharing
* Paid Holidays
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.
This position may be located in: Americas : United States : Virginia : South Chesterfield
Sub Division : Hillphoenix Case
Job Requisition ID : 34183.