Posted in Other 5 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Dover Food Retail (DFR) is a leading manufacturer of Display Cases, Specialty Products, Refrigeration Systems, Power Systems and Comprehensive Services; and leading our industry by Innovating What's Next in glass doors and intelligent merchandising technologies that keep food safe under brands such as HillPhoenix and Anthony.
DFR is part of the Refrigeration and Food Equipment segment of the Dover Corporation(R) (NYSE: DOV). Dover is a diversified global manufacturer with annual revenues in excess of $7 billion.
DFR is built on creativity and customer-centric innovation delivered by people invigorated by a strong sense of responsibility to help our customers win in their marketplaces. The relationships we build with our customers are as important to our success as the products we manufacture. This collaborative environment delivers FRESH THINKING, reassuring our customers that they choose the best when they choose to work with the people of Dover Food Retail.
Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Conyers, GA
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a Project Manager who will oversee the coordination and administration of all aspects of an ongoing projects including planning, organizing, staffing, leading, and controlling project activities.
The Project Manager (PM) oversees process implementation and ensures that information concerning content (e.g., deliverables, risks, issues) passes to and from sponsors. The PM is involved in improving the consistency, predictability and efficiency of the organization project delivery capability. The PM provides leadership in best practices and is highly customer-focused. The PM must also ensure operational issues are managed, focusing on the project interface with project leaders, project teams, technology and process issues.
What you will be responsible for in this role:
Plan the project
* Plan the delivery of projects and activities in accordance with the mission and the goals of the organization
* Develop new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organization
* Develop and implement long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of projects
* Develop an annual budget and operating plan to support portfolio of projects
* Develop a project evaluation to assess the strengths of projects and to identify areas for improvement
* Develop funding proposals for projects to ensure the continuous delivery of services
Organize the program
* Ensure that project activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization
* Ensure that project activities comply with all relevant legislation and professional standards
* Develop forms and records to document project activities
Lead the program
* Communicate with clients, business partners and other stakeholders to gain support for projects and to solicit input to improve the program
* Liaise with other managers to ensure the effective and efficient project delivery
* Coordinate the delivery of services among different project activities to increase effectiveness and efficiency
Control the program
* Ensure all projects operate within the approved budget
* Monitor and approve all budgeted expenditures
* Manage all project funds according to established accounting policies and procedures
* Ensure that all financial records are up to date
* Identify and evaluate the risks associated with activities and take appropriate action to control the risks
* Monitor activities on a regular basis and conduct an annual evaluation according to the project evaluation framework
* Oversight of company projects/program execution
* Define and manage projects scope
* Define and manage plans and timelines
* Manage project costs
* Manage projects integration
* Develop and manage projects budget
* Manage projects human resources
* Manage projects communication processes to ensure that all processes are applied and followed
* Risk management, including risk assessment strategy and policies for the overall organization
* Ensure proper execution of the risk strategy throughout the project's lifecycle
What are the basic qualifications?
* High School Diploma/GED equivalent required
* 5-7 Years of Demonstrable experience leading complex projects involving several organizational functions
What are the preferred qualifications?
* Bachelor's degree preferred
* PMP Certification Preferred
To be a great fit for this role:
* Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills to work with project leaders, consultants and executives
* Ability to communicate issues clearly and succinctly, with potential solutions and consequences
* Highly organized and disciplined
* Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization
* Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
* Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
* Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
* Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
* Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
* Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
* Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
* Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
* Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
How We Define Our Values and Why You Should Join Our Team:
The backbone behind our collection of outstanding businesses is a team of dedicated employees who protect and enhance our valued reputation for quality and delivering what we promise. It's our values that define Dover to all of our key audiences: our shareholders, customers, prospective employees and especially to ourselves.
These values must be expressed in our work and embody our actions, as they form the basis by which we do our jobs, make decisions and measure our performance. It's our unwavering commitment to maintaining our values that defines who we are as a Company.
* Collaborative Entrepreneurial Spirit
* Winning Through Customers
* Respects and Values People
* Expectations for Results
* High Ethical Standards, Openness, and Trust
What's in it for you?
* Medical, Dental, and Vision
* 401k Retirement Plan
* Flexible Spending
* Paid Holidays
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Dover Food Retail is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age,