Posted in Other 9 days ago.
Type: Full Time
EINSTEIN HEALTHCARE NETWORK IS A PRIVATE, NOT FOR PROFIT ORGANIZATION WITH SEVERAL MAJOR FACILITIES AND MANY OUTPATIENT CENTERS. OUR PRIMARY MISSION IS TO PROVIDE COMPASSIONATE, HIGH QUALITY HEALTHCARE TO THE GREATER PHILADELPHIA REGION. EINSTEIN HEALTHCARE NETWORK PROMOTES WELLNESS. RESEARCH HAS SHOWN THAT SMOKING IS DANGEROUS TO THE HEALTH OF SMOKERS AND TO OTHERS. EINSTEIN CAMPUSES ARE TOBACCO AND SMOKE FREE.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
* Applies, trims and/or removes retentive casts and splints under the direction of a physician.
* Instructs patients on the proper care of their casts and use of orthopaedic appliances such as crutches, braces, etc.
* Applies and removes pre/post operative dressings including sutures and staples.
* Assists the physician during clinic hours by providing technical assistance relating to orthopaedic treatments, procedures, and techniques.
* Assists the physician with manipulation and setting of fractures by supporting the fractured areas and applying counter traction as directed.
* Advises physicians, nurse managers and/or nursing staff of the development of potential problems including obvious wound problems, patient discomfort, or problems with orthopaedic devices.
* Assists in facilitating patient flow during clinic hours including escorting patients to the exam rooms and completing clinical intake in EMR.
* Takes patient vital signs.
* Ensures that the clinic area is kept neat and clean at all times.
* Responsible for ordering supplies and keeping proper stock levels in clinic and maintaining DME levels in the Department.
* Ensures all orthopaedic electrical appliances are properly serviced by biomedical engineering annually.
* Establishes and maintains courteous, cooperative relationships with the public, patients and other personnel.
* Assists diagnostic testing scheduling as directed by the physician and obtaining pre-certifications.
* Completes required patient charge forms for supplies.
* Participates in departmental efforts to improve patient satisfaction as appropriate.
* Participates in in-service sessions and teaching for the orthopaedic staff, medical students, residents, operating room staff and other nursing staff.
* Attends Department of Orthopaedic Surgery Grand Rounds.
* Functions as a back up to other clinical staff in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery when necessary.
* Utilizes other clinical staff and physicians for direction when appropriate.
* Participates in the orientation and training of new Department of Orthopaedic Surgery staff as appropriate.
* Participates in departmental projects, reports and special functions.
* Adheres to departmental and institutional policies and procedures.
* Participates in the development and revision of departmental policies and procedures.
* Participates in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery Competency Based Education Program.
* Actively supports the goals of the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery.
* Performs other job-related activities as required.
IF YOU POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS, PLEASE APPLY IMMEDIATELY:
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Training and certification as Orthopedic technician preferred.
* Minimum of 1 year of casting experience required.
* 2-3 years work experience in a hospital, outpatient clinical office or outpatient orthopedic office preferred.
* Licensed Vocational Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse, Radiology Technologist, or Medical Assistant preferred.
* Ability to articulate descriptions of orthopedic conditions based upon an understanding of musculoskeletal anatomy.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.