Posted in Other 14 days ago.
Type: Full Time
EINSTEIN HEALTHCARE NETWORK IS A PRIVATE, NOT FOR PROFIT ORGANIZATION WITH SEVERAL MAJOR FACILITIES AND MANY OUTPATIENT CENTERS. OUR PRIMARY MISSION IS TO PROVIDE COMPASSIONATE, HIGH QUALITY HEALTHCARE TO THE GREATER PHILADELPHIA REGION. EINSTEIN HEALTHCARE NETWORK PROMOTES WELLNESS. RESEARCH HAS SHOWN THAT SMOKING IS DANGEROUS TO THE HEALTH OF SMOKERS AND TO OTHERS. EINSTEIN CAMPUSES ARE TOBACCO AND SMOKE FREE.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
* Under the direction and supervision of a professional nurse, performing and assisting with various tasks including basic patient care, direct and indirect diagnostic and therapeutic procedures
* This position requires providing service to the following age population(s): pediatric through frail elderly, in a manner that demonstrates an understanding of the functional/developmental age of the individual served
IF YOU POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS, PLEASE APPLY IMMEDIATELY:
* High school degree or equivalent required
* Associates degree preferred
* Basic reading, writing, math and computer skills required
* A minimum of 6 months of patient care experience is required. Current enrollment in a nursing program with the completion of the first clinical semester may be considered in lieu of patient care experience
* Excellent written and verbal skills required
* Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of Standard Precautions
* Certificate in Nursing Assistance, EKG, phlebotomy or respiratory therapy preferred
* EMT certification preferred
* CPR certification through the American Heart Association required
* Successful completion of a skills based test required
* Physical Requirements: Must be able to walk long distances, sit and stand for long periods of time. Frequently lift, move, push and pull various weights (patients and equipment)
* Visual Requirements: Visual dexterity in working with charts, equipment, computers
* Hearing Requirements: Must be able to hear with a stethoscope, hear on the phone and in general conversation
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.