Posted in Other 10 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Granite City Electric Supply is the area\'s premiere electrical distributor serving electrical contractors as well as residential, commercial and industrial customers for over 90 years. With 27 branches covering Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Vermont and Connecticut, we are the largest regional independent electrical supply company and the official distributor of electrical supplies to the Boston Red Sox.
Granite City Electric is looking to hire a Shipping Lead in our Taunton, MA location. The desired Shipping Lead will work from 2:30PM- 11:00PM, Monday-Friday. The Shipping Lead will perform physical and clerical warehouse duties such as inventory, receiving, storing, picking and/or shipping of materials. In addition, the Shipping Lead will assist with scheduling, staffing, directing others, resolving issues, meetings, and safety.
* Must acquire a working knowledge of the Eclipse software support system and be capable of using RF tool.
* Ability to lift up to 70lbs on a repetitive and ongoing basis.
* Ability to walk/stand all day.
* Ability to push/pull up to 70lbs repetitively.
* Must be able to bend, twist and stoop frequently.
* Must be able to utilize Microsoft products, Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.
* Must be able to work flexible hours.
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Knowledge of forklift operations and warehouse equipment preferred.
* Lead experience preferred.
* Eclipse software experience preferred; computer aptitude very important
* Equivalent education or experience may be substituted for any of the above.
* Leads associates in department, answers questions, troubleshoots issues, works toward process improvements.
* Actively listens to associates in department.
* Attends, takes notes and contributes to departmental meetings. Works on action items from meetings.
* Promotes positive morale and a good working environment.
* Good mechanical aptitude, good math, communication and reading skills.
* Ability to interact successfully with all levels of the organization.
* Ability to work in and contribute to a team environment.
* Ability to work independently to meet assigned project deadlines.
* Loads, unloads trucks, moves material in a safe manner manually or by using forklift, pallet jack, handcart or other device.
* Accurately counts, checks, prepares and records items being received or shipped.
* Assembles, packages, labels, stacks, palletizes and routes material for safe delivery or storage.
* Completes paperwork, documentation, and data input in accordance with established procedures.
* Performs maintenance and housekeeping duties.
* Acquires and maintains current knowledge of GCE policies and procedures, general product knowledge, participates in training, and attends meetings as requested.
* Participates in processes and programs aimed at prompting a safe work environment.
Granite City offers competitive wages and great benefits including, medical, dental, vision, life, STD/LTD, 401k, vacation, holiday, sick and more! Join our team and work among the best in the industry!
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
The employer uses E-Verify.