Posted in Other 13 days ago.
Type: Full Time
The Operations Manager will report to the Area Director and provide day-to-day support for the area staff and provide basic supervisory oversight. As a manager, employee will interact with many different groups including E&C, Measurement, ROW, Regulatory, Finance, Product Scheduling, Control Center, etc to provide the operational perspective for all routine operations, capital and expense project execution, and financial management of team activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Supervise and provide the safe direction to employees regarding pipeline and pumping station operations consistent with company and governmental requirements.
* On-Call 24/7 for emergencies or operational assistance.
* Work with area management to establish and measure work group goals and performance
* Responsible for adhering to operation and maintenance budgets and small capital projects, along with helping develop operating budgets for prospective areas of responsibilities.
* Ensures the work group has the resources and information to make informed decisions regarding day to day operation of facilities in compliance with all company and regulatory requirements.
* Serves as the first line of management contact for customers, landowners, and the public. Assures any issues identified by these groups are conveyed to senior management and/or addresses them locally.
* Enforces company policies and procedures and ensures operations are maintained as required.
* Conducts personnel reviews and oversees the career planning and employee development for those employees in the work group.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements for this position are listed below:
* Bachelor s Degree or equivalent work experience
* Eight years of responsible operation, maintenance, and administrative pipeline experience
* Excellent written and verbal skills
* Valid driver s license
* Familiar with the Federal Code of Regulations as it applies to liquid pipeline operations (49 cfr part 195)
* Pipeline Construction and Operations experience
* Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
* Learn and become proficient in various Company programs and applications including the use of computers and smart devices
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
* Lifting up to 50 lbs. occasionally
* Driving, walking, and standing frequently
* Exposure to adverse weather, cramped conditions and some heavy lifting
* Visits to industrial/manufacturing settings, which may include exposure to various materials and chemicals, as well as extreme temperature conditions and loud machinery, and require appropriate personal protective equipment
* Occasional overnight travel may be required
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet