Posted in Other 4 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Performs a full range of machine shop work at the skilled trade level, including making new or replacement machine parts. Operates all common machine tools, such as lathe, boring mill, miller, drill press, grinders, etc as well as moden CNC machines. Understands working properties of common metals, reads complicated blueprints, and understands use of coolants and lubricants.
Representative Activities include: Sets up and operates all standard machine tools, Plans and lays out work, Makes parts to close tolerances. Job Responsibilities
* Compliance with all risk assessments and company Environment, Health & Safety Procedures relevant to all work activities including: Reporting of all incidents, accidents and near misses as per the company's procedure and implementation of identified corrective actions, Responsible for keeping machines tidy and maintain good standards of housekeeping in designated work area
* Ensure parts are produced on a 'right first time' basis
* Ensure that any calibrated equipment used is within date
* Responsible for the timely clearance of work phases using the ERP system
* Responsible for highlighting any non-conformance to the Process Team Leader
* Adhering to the requirements of the GKNAF Quality Procedures
* To hold first party inspection approval
* Record all downtime on OEE sheets where applicable
* Management of machine stoppages with maintenance and escalation as required
* Completion of Total Preventative Maintenance (TPM) where applicable
* Awareness of Export control requirements
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.