Posted in Other 6 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Our Corpus Christi, TX office is currently seeking an engineer I/II - civil to join our growing team. In this position you will work within a team of civil engineers and staff to plan, design, permit, and observe construction for projects including: municipal, suburban and rural roadways; storm drainage systems; water transmission, storage and treatment; wastewater collection and treatment; landside port improvements; and other heavy civil works in the greater Texas area.
As an engineer I/II - civil, your responsibilities will include:
* Performing engineering design;
* Working as part of an integrated, cross-discipline team;
* Solving complex technical problems;
* Performing site visits and attending meetings with clients and contractors;
* Performing engineering analysis and preliminary and detailed design of infrastructure facilities;
* Developing plans, specifications, and construction documents;
* Performing periodic construction observation and inspection and report preparation.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
* Bachelor s degree in Civil Engineering or related field;
* 1 to 3 years of experience in civil engineering;
* Demonstrated technical and analytical skills;
* Demonstrated technical writing and presentation skills;
* Experience with municipal street and drainage design;
* Background working with local government projects;
* Experience with planning of water transmission, storage and distribution systems;
* Experience with construction observation, inspection and field reconnaissance;
* Demonstrated teamwork and leadership skills;
* Flexibility to travel regionally and internationally;
* ArcGIS and AutoCAD experience a plus.
Here at Mott MacDonald, we are experts in engineering, management, and development services supporting multisector project work in over 150 countries. One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, we pride ourselves in our ability to deliver exceptional outcomes through the connected thinking of our 16,000+ talented consultants. Sustainability and innovation are at the heart of all of our sectors which, in North America include Advisory, Built Environment, Energy, Transportation, and Water.
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our organization, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We value the diversity of our staff and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment where everyone has the chance to contribute.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status or disability status.