Posted in Other 12 days ago.
Type: Full Time
At Graphic Packaging International (GPI) our employees are the cornerstone of our success. We place great emphasis on exceeding customer expectations, delivering results, community involvement and environmental sustainability. The right candidate should value corporate citizenship as well as focusing on achieving gold level customer service.
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
As a result of significant growth within our organization we have an exciting opportunity available on our Sales & Operations Planning team located in our Concord, NH facility. We are seeking a driven, agile, passionate, analytical Sales & Operations Planning Analyst. This is an excellent opportunity to contribute to the overall success of GPI.
The Sales & Operations Planning Analyst analyzes reported demand from several sources internal & external, including but not limited to statistical forecasts, market information, customer forecasts, historical trends and known new and lost business. This role will be responsible for a crafting a demand plan that effectively characterizes future customer demand allowing for immediate production success, timely production to service customer needs, and limiting cost of variance.
This position will be located at a Graphic Packaging facility.
Position Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following.
* Direct forecasting
* Owns the Americas Demand Planning model. Produces a rolling 24-month demand outlook.
* Updates customer demand requirements at the die level, identifies year over year changes in demand related to market, new or lost business, specification changes and product obsolescence. Continually enhances S&OP modeling to improve forecast accuracy.
* Works closely with capacity planning team to understand constrained plants/assets and focus variance efforts on specified plants/assets.
* Understands promotional activities and other sales tactics that impact the forecast. Incorporates market intelligence and develops statistical models that increase forecast accuracy. Provides analysis that aids in the decision-making process.
* Responsible for forecast accuracy and bias on a monthly basis (MAPE). Determines and presents root causes of variances and targets improvement opportunities and takes action within the overall process.
* Address demand-related issues in a timely and effective manner
* Propose and implement solutions to improve demand forecast accuracy
* Ability to define and demonstrate continuous improvement to meet targets and KPIs..
* Set bench marks and metrics to achieve KPIs, provide evaluation and steps forward to improve current levels.
* Participate in the development of integrated budgets; responsible for the alignment of demand plans, master schedules, factory schedules, and purchasing programs.
* Supporting partner to the S&OP leadership team
* Responsible for the development of the monthly S&OP Leadership package outlining key drivers within Americas demand forecast, potential risks to forecast, market assumptions, new business expectations and overall summaries of major account and regional sales performance.
* Contributes to the Demand Planning Leadership Consensus in order to align all parties with the monthly demand plan. Provide analysis, steps forward and countermeasures and risks to the leadership team before finalizing the forecast.
* Participates and takes action on analyses of the monthly demand plan consensus meetings between Sales, Commercial Management, Business Development, Directors of Operations, Supply Planning and Customer Service. Quantifies feedback to support growth and strategic objectives.
* All other duties as assigned
This Job Description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties, as assigned by immediate manager and other management personnel.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.
Ability to prepare documents and information in a clear concise manner that supports decision making based on critical thinking, analysis, and support by data.
Effective business communication skills at all levels to include facilitation, problem solving and persistent follow up.
Advanced skill level using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
Prior Six Sigma/Lean training preferred.
Minimum four-year degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or related field of study required.
1-3 years of experience with demand planning, supply planning, supply chain, forecasting or scheduling. Industry experience is desirable.