Posted in Other 6 days ago.
Type: Full Time
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Account Executive in the southeast region.
Manage and continuously improve GPI's overall business relationship with our customers. Successfully lead the achievement of GPI's objectives and the customer's objectives. Support the Americas Division and the leadership of the sales account team. Interface with all management levels in GPI and customer.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following.
* Support GPI's Sales initiatives
* Achieve all GPI objectives including sales plan, working capital, profit improvement and personnel development
* Support all customer objectives including cost reduction, innovation, quality improvement and customer service
* Lead the successful achievement of all GPI and customer quality goals
* Lead the successful achievement of all GPI and customer plant service goals
* Coordinate all customer plant visits
* Lead quarterly quality meetings
* Lead quarterly print quality meetings
* Act as key contact for customer Packaging quality group
* Support customer Food Safety initiatives
* Provide technical assistance in resolving quality issues
* Act as key contact to Packaging Innovation and Technology group for spec changes
* Be the first contact for customer Packaging requests
* Write customer specifications as needed
* Act as key contact to Marketing Services (graphics)
* Support the proactive leadership of the innovation process with the customer
* Generate, develop and track new business opportunities
* Stay current with new capabilities inside and outside of GPI
* Seek innovative packaging solutions
* Support new business commercialization process
* Supervise the qualification of new packages or package revisions for customer
* Participate on the Key Account Management (KAM) team
* Support regular business reviews with the customer and GPI senior leadership
* Support pricing strategy process for all items including bids
* Support annual account sales planning process
* Generate cost reduction ideas to support internal profit improvement or customer objectives
* Support GPI cost reduction initiatives
* Act as account sustainability contact
* Continuously develop relationships with various customer functional groups
* Lead the objective setting, performance appraisal and career development process for direct reports
* All other duties as assigned
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for this job. The employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties, as assigned by immediate manager and other management personnel.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.
Excellent oral/written communication skills
Excellent presentation skills
Successfully manage between complex organizations
Ability to persuade, negotiate and sell
Act with flexibility and confidence
Demonstrate a strong drive for results and sound analytical skills
Demonstrated knowledge of company services/products/capabilities to customers through personal meeting and formal presentations
Bachelor's degree, preferably an MBA, and 5 years demonstrated sales and management experience in the folding carton industry, or equivalent combination or experience and education