Posted in Other 15 days ago.
Type: Full Time
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Account Executive in our Northeast region. Ideally the candidate will be in the Valley Forge, PA area.
Represent GPI completely and successfully in all interactions with the customer(s).Initiates and maintains long-term relationships with various functional groups at their specific account. Work from company policies and objectives to lead associates in a focused way to serve customers satisfactorily and profitably. The ability to work with very little guidance and/or direction is essential.
Position Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following.
* Provide technical leadership for paperboard packaging developments for account(s).
* Be first contact for customer. Lead R&D material projects with support from GPI R&D.
* Serve as a member of the customer R&D group. Participate in meetings, discussions, and activities with that group.
* Work closely with GPI R&D to stay current with new capabilities that might be useful to the customer.
* Maintain a good working knowledge of technologies used in the food packaging industry. Seek innovative packaging ideas that could be developed for applications. Evaluate ideas for technical and business feasibility.
* Handle initial requests for premium and promotional projects. Lead commercialization of premium and promotional packages at GPI and customer(s).
* Supervise the qualification of new packages or package revisions for customer. Plan, attend, and track trials as required in GPI and customer(s) plants.
* Track the quality performance of GPI plants supplying customer(s). Lead periodic conference calls on carton quality for customer.
* Provide technical assistance in resolving quality issues with GPI cartons at customer plants as needed.
* Responsible for developing new toolbox items for new and existing customers as needed.
* Support customer's operations group by determining technical means for cost reduction or efficiency gains.
* All other duties as assigned
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for this job. The employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties, as assigned by immediate manager and other management personnel.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.
Excellent oral/written communication skills
Time management skills
Ability to persuade, negotiate, and sell
Demonstrated knowledge of company services/products/capabilities to customers through personal meeting and formal presentations
Bachelor's degree, preferably an MBA, and 5 years demonstrated sales experience in the folding carton industry, or equivalent combination or experience and education