Posted in Other 5 days ago.
Type: Full Time
At Great Wolf, the Public Area Supervisor brings joy to families through active involvement in daily housekeeping and lodge operations. This leadership role is critical in executing on business requirements, supporting the housekeeping team, and interacting with guest and pack members to enhance their experience and maximize profitability.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Supervises daily public area operations to ensure cleanliness of public areas to lodge standards and ensures completion of daily tasks and assignments
* Ensures all public space, storage, back of house areas, are safe, clean, and organized; and closets are properly inventoried and stocked for each shift.
* Schedules daily assignments, daily and weekly projects, and optimizes staff to ensure lodge cleanliness, proper floor care, carpet-cleaning projects.
* Provides coaching, encouragement, and recognition to pack members regularly
* Understands and champions Great Wolf policies and procedures, and collaborates with Department and Lodge leadership in performance management of the department and its Pack Members
* Responds to pack/guest concerns or requests and escalates to leadership or other departments as appropriate
* Understands and participates in scheduling of staff, execution of labor management and forecasting
* Conducts daily stand up meetings with Housekeeping pack to prioritize the day and facilitates feedback from Pack Members
* Monitors performance of staff, providing real time feedback and coaching
* Participates in recruitment and selection of talent for the housekeeping tea
* Partners with department leaders to develop and execute action plans related to guest service and Pack Member engagement measured through NPS and eNP
* Participates with leadership in pack performance management including; employee reviews, corrective action, investigations, conflict resolution, etc.
* Maintains quality of operation by ensuring service excellence, ensuring adequate inventory levels, and operational equipment by troubleshooting, maintenance, and/or calling for repair
* Assists in developing, implementing, and monitoring programs ensuring a safe facility that complies with all appropriate regulations--Ergonomics, Emergency Responses, Injury and Illness Prevention, and Hazard Communications Programs
Required Qualifications & Skills
* High School diploma or GED
* Previous experience with janitorial, laundry, housekeeping, or similar experience
* Experience and basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and general software systems
* Demonstrated customer service, conflict resolution, employee engagement, retention and team building skills
* Proficient in both written and spoken English
* Ability to work flexible schedule including nights, weekends, holidays as needed
Desired Qualifications & Traits
* Previous experience in a leadership/supervisory capacity
* Previous cleaning experience at a high volume hotel or public facility
* Bilingual, English and Spanish
* Able to lift up to 30lbs
* Able to push/pull up to 100lbs
* Able to bend, stretch, and twist
* Able to stand and walk for long periods of time
* Able to climb multiple flights of stairs on daily basis and walk frequently
* Able to work with chemicals according to directions
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)