Posted in Other 6 days ago.
Type: Full Time
The Director of Aquatics is responsible for directing all aspects of aquatics services and programming including but not limited to operations, planning, budgeting, staffing and payroll. Senior level position, which must ensure guest and employee satisfaction is achieved while maintaining profitability within the aquatics function.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Develop detailed, realistic, and comprehensive plans that support organizational objectives, effectively allocating resources and time across groups or departments
* Fiscal and budgetary management of aquatic operations including creating and maintaining departmental budgets, forecasts, and financial reports as needed; reviewing and approving all purchases for the department
* Participate and collaborate on cross-functional teams in order to effectively coordinate resort activities
* Monitor, manage and respond to guest comments and proactively addressing guest comments with operational resolutions
* Conduct investigative actions with guests, where necessary, for guest service and liability claims
* Develop, implement, and monitor schedules for the waterpark operation
* Recruiting, hiring, training, and evaluating team member performance against standards; including evaluation of compensation changes
* Plan and implement staff training and development programs within the department
* Participates in the Manager-On-Duty (MOD) program and executes duties
* Describes and assign responsibility and authority for the operation of the department
* Monitor mechanical equipment and reports any problems to Engineering for repair by submitting work orders for repairs immediately to ensure effective waterpark operations
* Serve on resort Executive Committee to represent the interests of the waterpark and safety programs
* Enforce policies and procedures; maintain a working knowledge of general and departmental safety procedures. Attends safety training programs and in-service education as required
* Oversee Risk Management and Safety programs
Required Qualifications & Skills
* High School diploma or GED
* Experience creating and maintaining documents with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
* Minimum of 3 years experience managing large aquatics department with various waterpark attractions
* Ellis & Associates (E&A) International Lifeguard Training Program license
* E&A Basic Leadership Training License
* E&A Instructor License
* Experience in First Aid, CPR, and AED
* Certified Pool Operator (CPO) or Aquatic Facility Operator (AFO) license
* Willingness to work flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and/or Holidays as needed
Desired Qualifications & Traits
* College Degree
* Emergency Medical Technician or other medical background
* Demonstrated ability to effectively resolve conflict
* Committed to comprehensive and in-depth analysis, planning, and implementation of every work effort
* Projects a positive public relations image to team members and guests.
* Ability to motivate diverse groups to achieve extraordinary goals and overcome challenges
* Swim 50 yards in 4 ft. of water and retrieve a 10 lb brick from the bottom of pool
* Sit or stand for extended periods of time.
* Extended exposure to hot and humid environments.
* Climb multiple flights of stairs
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)