Posted in Other 5 days ago.
Type: Full Time
At Great Wolf, the Food & Beverage Purchasing Agent has an eye for detail and strives to make the highest quality and cost effective purchases to ensure profitability. The Purchasing Agent works with the inventory and receiving agents to validate order quantities, enter orders, and validate for accuracy.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Work with appropriate management to validate and verify food & beverage orders and quantities
* Utilize appropriate software to place orders for approved items
* All orders for Bear Claw and Snack Bar will be verified to validate the need
* Work with vendors and managers to verify, receive and rotate all orders using proper HACCAP procedures to ensure safety
* Check all goods for quantity & quality; notify deliverer & manager of any issues to ensure proper credit
* Ensure food & beverage staff is maintaining quality
* Communicate with F & B managers on a daily basis to determine any needs and to discuss any concerns
* Meet with banquet chef to determine special order for groups
* Fill and deliver food requisitions for all outlets
* Aid food & beverage outlets in taking a monthly physical inventory
* Maintain all food & beverage transfers & requisitions daily with the use of an excel spreadsheet program.
* Help ensure cleanliness of following areas: Beer cooler, Walk-in Coolers, Freezer, dry storage, basement storage, receiving area. Keep clear of all boxes; take all trash from these areas to the dumpster. Break down all boxes for disposal
Basic Qualifications & Skills
* High School diploma or equivalent experience
* Prior experience with computers, data entry, and Microsoft Office Suite
* Successful completion of criminal background check and drug screen
Desired Qualifications & Traits
* Previous purchasing experience
* Previous experience with Inventory Counts
* Strong basic mathematics skills
* Enthusiastic and positive energy
* Multi-tasking ability
* Able to lift up to 30 lbs.
* Able to bend, stretch, and twist
* Able to stand for long periods of time
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)