Posted in Other 5 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Summary: The Lodge Culinary Manager is responsible for all culinary operations of the lodge. Follows and enforces the culinary program developed by Corporate Food & Beverage Operations Team to maximize profits and minimize loss, monitors customer satisfaction, maintains inventory of kitchen supplies and food, ensures that culinary operation and facilities meet all governmental regulations.
* Manage and direct the planning, preparation and presentation of all food and culinary operation in all venues of the lodge according to corporate standards.
* Maintain and follow all local Health Department food safety codes and regulations.
* Hire, train, supervise, schedule all pack members involved in preparing, cooking and presenting food in accordance with productivity standards, cost controls and forecast needs.
* Monitor staff performance, product quality and production flow, foster and drive improvement where necessary
* Listen actively and communicate clearly while interacting with guests to promote food products and directing pack members' activities
* Maintain a working rapport withal hotel staff for efficient operation and service to guests
* Analyze feedback from guests and pack members, make judgements and provide suggestions to Corporate F&B Operations for improvemen
* Performs weekly F&B Audits at all kitchens and back of the house spaces, as per company policy
* Maintains control and tracking of high value food items
* Implement and monitor of programs that assures a safe facility and work environment that is in compliance with Food Safety, Ergonomics, Emergency Response, Injury and Illness Prevention and Hazard Communication programs
* Assists Director of Food & Beverage in estimating annual food, operational expenses and labor budget
* Maintain and distribute locally accurate and up to date documented culinary manuals, recipes and guides.
* Develop positive working relationships with Lodge front line pack members, department heads and peers.
Basic Qualifications and Skills:
* Bachelor's degree or similar degree in Culinary Arts.
* Minimum of 2 years in similar role
* Exceptional knowledge of food ingredient specifications, yields and utilization.
* Well versed and knowledgeable of department P&L, including: food cost, labor cost and equipment cost
* Experienced in delivering effective and meaningful culinary training material and programs.
* Experienced with food allergies, dietary needs, and other food special requirements.
* Good understanding of procurement and inventory control systems and operations.
* Exceptional knowledge within food safety and sanitation systems, procedures and operations.
* Must possess all local and state required 'Managers' certifications for food safety, sanitation and health.
* Good verbal and written communication skills.
* Able to lift, push, pull up to 50lbs.
* Able to sit or stand for extended periods.
* Able to climb multiple flights of stairs.
* Able to bend, stretch, and twist.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)