Posted in Other 12 days ago.
Type: Part Time
The Aquatics Supervisor is responsible for strengthening our lifeguard team through the delivery of superior service and safety. This person will be expected to enhance the waterpark experience for both Guests and Team Members through their personal drive, safety oriented behaviors, and commitment to creating a positive working environment. Guests can feel safe and enjoy a worry free adventure at our waterparks under the Supervisor's direction.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Assists in the training, supervision, and coordination of lifeguards with park management towards ensuring the protection of the lives and safety of park guests
* Responsible for the management of the lifeguards in their assigned area, enforcing established rules, complying with regulations and maintaining a professional appearance and demeanor
* Follow and enforce established park and employee rules, regulations and procedures
* Perform supervisory tasks of a team, including resolving conflict, coaching and developing others, promoting teamwork, and performance management
Basic Qualifications & Skills
* Must be 16 years of age or older
* Certification in First Aid, CPR and Ellis & Associates Lifeguard Training
* Successful completion of criminal background check and drug screen
Desired Qualifications & Traits
* Good oral communication skills
* Availability to work flexible hours and varied shifts including weekends and holidays
* Demonstrated leadership experience with team-oriented approach.
* 2+ years of experience in aquatics operation: lifeguarding, lifeguard training, swim instruction, and CPO/AFO
* Swim 50 yards in 4 ft. of water and retrieve a 10 lb brick at bottom of water
* Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
* Ability to work in a humid, warm environment and be immersed in water for extended periods of time
* Position sometimes requires the ability to lift, push, and pull at least 50 lbs and up to 100 lbs
* Ability to climb multiple flights of stairs
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)