Posted in Other 9 days ago.
Type: Full Time
The Regional Risk & Aquatics Manager is responsible for monitoring and advising on the overall safety, operation, leadership, and financial planning/execution for Aquatics, Safety / Risk Management and Security for lodges in assigned region.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Develop and maintain standardization and optimization of operational procedures in lodge aquatics and security operations, as well as safety-oriented procedures across all areas of operations.
* Drive performance improvement in metrics for NPS, safety data, and lodge waterpark operations.
* Drive performance improvement in metrics for eNPS for lodge aquatics, security and safety functions.
* Develop, improve, manage & maintain collaborative efforts with Lodge leaders and other corporate stakeholders to deliver programs and foster new program opportunities. Measuring progress against strategic goals and ensures continuous improvement
* Work in partnership with the Lodges to analyze operations to evaluate performance in meeting objectives, and to determine areas of potential cost reduction, program improvement, or policy change
* Provide daily support and assistance in development of Directors of Aquatics, Lodge Safety Managers, and Security Managers / Leads, including establishing consistent cadence of communications with each functional area and relevant content for periodic review
* Plans, administers, and monitors safety program(s) which comply with Great Wolf traditions, health and safety standards, government regulations, and third-party requirements
* Performs safety, security and waterpark audits of the lodges and coordinates any third party audit requirement
Basic Qualifications & Skills
* High School diploma or equivalent experience
* High proficiency creating and maintaining documents with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
* Minimum of 8 years experience supervising, coaching, developing, leading, promoting teamwork, and providing effective feedback to employees
* Experience in First Aid, CPR, and AED
* Demonstrated ability to effectively resolve conflict
* Willingness to work flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and/or Holidays as needed
* Willingness to travel extensively - expectation to visit all Lodge locations within region at least once per year and more frequently as may be advisable
Desired Qualifications & Traits
* College Degree
* Director of Aquatics or equivalent waterpark leadership role
* Certified Pool Operator (CPO) or Aquatic Facility Operator (AFO) license
* Emergency Medical Technician or other medical background
* Ellis & Associates (E&A) International Lifeguard Training Program license
* E&A Basic Leadership Training License
* Able to bend, stretch, and twist
* Able to sit or stand for long periods of time
* Able to climb multiple flights of stairs on daily basis and walk frequently
This position will be part of the Chicago HQ, but can be located at any Great Wolf location or remote in the Western region. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)