Posted in Other 4 days ago.
Type: Full Time
The Creative Design Manager is responsible for leading Great Wolf s in-house creative services group with a focus on bringing the brand s mission of creating quality family time to life through the develop of impactful creative and establishment of brand standards to strengthen our brand and enhance our guest experience. Success in this role will be determined by the ability to work cross functionally to translate business needs into powerful creative, develop and maintain consistency in the visual identify across the organization through brand guidelines and coach and develop the creative team. The ideal candidate is imaginative, collaborative and resourceful with in depth experience designing creative, managing a creative team and building brand standards. This role requires the ability to think creatively and proactively work in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment.
* Concept and design a wide variety of strategic and tactical creative and content that is aligned with the brand and fulfills the business need. This include new outlet or program names, logos, style guides to in-lodge collateral such as menus, signage, posters, etc.
* Create, maintain and evolve the brand s visual identity through our brand guidelines.
* Provide creative guidance, leadership and mentorship to the creative team by managing performance and developing team members
* Establish and manage a production process through a traffic coordinator to ensure creative is done on time and on budget.
* Create seasonal campaigns and inspire cross functional team to follow brand standards and inspire additional guests to visits through compelling design and communication.
* Produce creative and content in a timely and efficient manner that stays true to the brand, accommodates organizational needs and drives onsite revenue for our lodges
* Work at a strategic level to lead the creative process while understanding team resources and timing to execute the work
* Ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment including creation of work plans and budgets, management of timelines, and building a culture of accountability
* Management of our DAM (Digital Asset Management Tool), Own the Brand Standards document and Provide project management oversight
* Elevate the quality of design and conceptual work to advance our branded content used in lodges, on the web, in email and digital advertising
* Provide creative leadership by participating in concepting, design and development with cross functional teams and agency partners
* Provide perspective and input to agency partners on asset production and content creation
* Evaluate tools and technologies and other resources that could improve team efficiency, effectiveness, cost or quality
* Build relationships and develop credibility quickly across the Great Wolf organization and lodges to become a trusted business partner
* Evaluate and optimize the creative process for greater creative output, consistency and time for conceptual thinking
* The ideal candidate is ready to take on a player-coach model, with strong design skills and the ability to better the team and work. They should be resourceful, organized, confident and enthusiastic
* BA degree in design, fine arts, communications or other creative oriented field
* 7+ years experience, preferably in a design function for a design firm, creative agency or in-house team
* Demonstrated strong creative background (graphic design, copywriting, production, etc.), including expertise with Adobe Creative Suite such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) as well as DAM and project management software (Workfront)
* Demonstrated track record of building people and building teams and management experience
* Demonstrated excellent communication skills, written and verbal
* Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and achieve results in a fast-paced environment
* Willingness to roll-up sleeves and get the work -- big and small done
* Demonstrated team player, motivated to build internal confidence and alignment
* Demonstrated experience directing and coordinating photo and video shoots
* Retail/Hospitality/Restaurant or multi-until experience helpful
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)