Posted in Other 3 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Additional $1.00 per hour for the first 1,000 hours worked!!!!
For over 100 years, Hollander Sleep Products has been the largest pillow manufacturer in North American developing high-quality bedding products under names like Ralph Lauren, Nautica, Pacific Coast Feather, Live Comfortably and many more.
Hollander associates enjoy a wide range of affordable benefits, varied shift options, overtime, training, advancement opportunities, paid time off, and so much more!
The Distribution Associate performs various duties associated with working with finished goods and shipping of product. These responsibilities may include but not limited to moving finished product either to warehouse or directly on truck, picking and staging shipments, and/or utilizing scanners to place finished goods, auditing functions, scanning labels, cycle counting, etc. Based on job assignment additional responsibilities may require a higher level of Oracle efficiency.
Distribution associates are expected to work efficiently in a fast-paced, repetitive environment necessary in the production and shipment of pillows and comforters with accuracy and speed to achieve company expectations necessary to meet and exceed customer demands.
This position places a strong significance on effective teamwork, clear communication, sound judgment, safety orientation, achieving and maintaining production efficiency and a dedication to the quality of our product.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Ensure that the quality of the product meets the product specifications.
* Observes all Safety Rules and responsible for maintaining a clean and safe work area.
* Will be required at times, with proper notice, to work overtime.
* Performs duties of general help and job assignments as required.
All Hollander associates play a crucial role in meeting our customer requirements and are expected after initial training to perform with minimal supervision. Associates may be asked to assist with other duties and work in other departments when needed to meet those requirements.
REQUIREMENTS, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
* Ability to read, write and follow directions
* Ability to count and apply basic math skills to include addition, subtraction, division and multiplication with or without a calculator
* Ability to learn basic computer and scanning systems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires…
* Spending most of time standing and walking.
* Mobility and fast-paced motion.
* Frequent requirement to use hands to finger, grasp, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and maneuver around production equipment throughout the shift.
* Occasional requirement to balance, stoop and bend regularly to move/lift material or equipment (typically 65 lbs. or less based on assigned job role).
* Ability to hear and see with vision abilities in close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an Associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Manufacturing / Production Floor:
Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. There may be areas designated as Hearing Protection required and provided earplugs are mandatory in those areas. Not all areas of the plant and warehouse are climate controlled and exposure to heat and/or cold can occur. Frequently exposed to dust and floating particles.
Hollander is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to its Affirmative Action obligations. Hollander does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, religious creed, disability (mental and physical) including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics ), genetic information, age, marital status, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, denial of family and medical care leave, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.