Posted in Other 6 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Do you have a strong mechanical, industrial, or construction background? The Maintenance Work Control team is looking to hire a Maintenance Planner to join our team. This individual will work primarily 4-10s and be housed at our Central Facilities Area (CFA) approximately 1 hour from Idaho Falls.
You will work with facility management to clearly define and understand requested work and preventative maintenance (PM). Develop work control documents for Facilities and Operations (F&O) using applicable resources and tools. All tasks that may be performed by this classification are not contained in this standard.
* Develop minor maintenance and planned documents for F&O using the Laboratory Hazard Identification and Mitigation tool and other supporting documentation such as drawings and vendor data.
* Perform walkdowns of job sites with appropriate SMEs to identify hazards and appropriate mitigations and incorporate into work control document.
* Estimate labor hours and material costs to complete maintenance activities.
* Exercise conservative decision making to involve appropriate crafts, ES&H, customer(s), and others in work planning to fully understand the hazards involved in performing work.
* Write detailed work control procedures for sophisticated jobs with complete understanding of principles, concepts, requirements and craft practices. Draft preventive maintenance, expedited maintenance, and complex work procedures
* Attend design reviews and provide workability and other vital planning input. Perform walkdowns to identify the work area and specific job hazards.
* Collaborate to plan, order materials, and execute corrective and preventative work in a safe and expedient manner in accordance to LWP-6201 "Predictive/Preventive Maintenance Program."
* Supersede as work expediter and support other planners when needed.
* Plan to drawings, schematics, and work specifications to produce successful outcomes utilizing modern techniques and tools of the trade.
* Applicable Bachelor's degree plus 5 years experience.
* Master s degree plus 3 years relevant experience.
* Doctorate's degree plus 2 years relevant experience
* 13 years relevant experience in lieu of degree.
Experience in the application of predictive, preventive, and corrective maintenance programs for DOE facilities. * Demonstrated knowledge of and expertise in the application of DOE Conduct of Operations and Maintenance standards and procedures.
* Demonstrated knowledge of maintenance engineering skills (read, understand, and translate engineering drawings and specifications into maintenance documents)
Certifications: Testing Designated Position (TDP)
INL is a science-based, applied engineering national laboratory dedicated to supporting the U.S. Department of Energy s mission in nuclear energy research, science, and national defense. With more than 5,000 scientists, researchers, and support staff, the laboratory works with national and international governments, universities and industry partners to discover new science and development technologies that underpin the nation s nuclear and renewable energy, national security, and environmental missions.
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical infrastructure.
Our vision is to change the world s energy future and secure our nation s critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements
To be eligible for employment at INL males born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Idaho National Laboratory (INL) is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
When applying to positions please provide a resume and answer all questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for consideration.
Benefits, Salary, and Relocation
We have an extremely competitive salary structure, robust relocation package, and phenomenal benefits. For more information, please visit: https://www.inl.gov/careers/benefits-overview/. .