Posted in Other 5 days ago.
Type: Full Time
At Insitu, a Boeing company, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. You can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are core values. We re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Insitu is an industry-leading provider of information for superior decision making. We design, develop and manufacture unmanned aircraft systems and information processing software solutions while providing 24/7 global training, services and support. Our platforms - ScanEagle and Integrator - have logged more than 1,200,000 operational flight hours, and deliver high-quality, combat-proven ISR for both land and maritime missions. Founded in 1994, Insitu is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Boeing Company.
Insitu is looking for a motivated, enthusiastic and experienced Scrum Master to support, guide and enable Agile software development teams achieve their best. Our development teams are building software for our unmanned aircraft systems including our ground control station ICOMC2, and multiple aircraft platforms.
This is a Remote work position. Insitu Software Engineering is based in Hood River, Oregon.
Primary duties and responsibilities
As a member of the SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT group you will:
* Work closely with the Product Manager and Product Owner to help Agile software development teams deliver first time quality products
* Ensure teams meet their commitments by removing (or escalating) impediments to execution
* Facilitate processes & meetings including, but not limited to: stand-ups, sprint retrospectives, demos, reviews, planning, estimation, scheduling and prioritization meetings
* Lead, coach, train Insitu Agile practices
* Shield teams from distractions and interference
* Support close co-operation across all roles and functions, removing or escalating barriers to collaboration.
* Assist with product logistics e.g. license management, configuration, documentation
* Assist the Product Manager with traditional project management
* Report project status and progress against baseline milestones, including producing standard Agile outward-facing artifacts
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
* Strong knowledge and expertise in Agile; experience as a Scrum Master
* Strong knowledge of standard Agile metrics and KPI's
* Expertise with Atlassian JIRA preferred; managing backlogs and sprint boards, creating dashboards, collecting metrics
* Experience with SAFe preferred
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent time management and organizational skills
* Experience establishing guidelines and coaching others
* Openness to new ideas and a desire to learn new skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills, a positive and collaborative mindset
Technical bachelor s degree and 5 or more years related work experience or a Master s degree with 3 or more years.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Insitu s policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or veteran status. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation and benefits and also states that retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated. All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.