Posted in Other 3 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Who we are:
LANXESS is a leading specialty chemicals company with sales of EUR 6.8 billion in 2019 and about 14,300 employees in 33 countries. The company is currently represented at 60+ production sites worldwide. The core business of LANXESS is the development, manufacturing and marketing of chemical intermediates, additives, specialty chemicals and plastics.
LANXESS is listed in the leading sustainability indices Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI World) and FTSE4Good.
In the United States, LANXESS employs more than 2,000 people at 21 locations in 10 states.
What we can offer you:
LANXESS is a young company with strong roots! We derive our strength from global presence, management excellence and most importantly our people! Our employees are the pillars of our success.
We offer exciting career opportunities regionally as well as internationally, educational assistance programs, competitive pay and benefits, language training programs, and many other personal and professional development programs that are a part of our vision and values that drive our ongoing success.
The incumbent is responsible for coordinating the import activities for assigned LANXESS Corporation facilities in the United States and Canada. All activities must be in accordance with LANXESS policies, the United States and Canadian Regulations, and tracking and tracing of inbound shipments.
* The incumbent is responsible for managing Customs Form 7501 and Broker invoice audit report and resolving any discrepancies.
* Responsible for all import activities at assigned sites
* Timely preparation of proper import entry information in compliance with U.S. Customs and Border Protection and the Canadian Border Services Agency rules and regulations
* Working with import brokers and freight forwarders to ensure import documentation is distributed correctly and in a timely manner
* Perform daily import tasks in accordance with the import processes as published in the Xdirect System
* Ensure all import operations are conducted in accordance with LANXESS operations Import Management System, U.S. and Canadian Regulations
* Maintain knowledge of US Import laws and regulations
* Maintain knowledge of Canadian Import laws and regulations
* Track/Trace/Expedite as needed for inbound containers
* Bachelor s degree in business or technical field
* Minimum of 3 years of professional experience
* Experience with computer programs, databases and network systems, such as Lotus Notes and SAP desired
* Strong problem solving skills required
* Must be adaptive and able to multi-task
* Communication skills are extremely important
* Project Management experience of an advantage
What we offer you:
* Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages, inclusive of a global bonus program and an individual performance bonus program.
* Comprehensive Benefits: We provide a variety of benefits to support your financial security, health and wellbeing including retirement plans, health programs, life insurance and medical care.
* Work-Life & Flexibility: We support you in maintaining a balance between working hours and personal life. With our global Xwork program, we offer flexible working arrangements in all countries in which we operate.
* Training & Development: We are committed to your professional and personal development and encourage you in the ongoing pursuit of education, training and knowledge through both formal and informal learning .
Diversity: LANXESS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status or disability.
Join the LANXESS team!
Must include a resume.