Posted in Other 12 days ago.
Type: Full Time
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The duties of the Nurse include maintaining a pleasant and efficient outpatient office environment for patients, staff and physicians. Primary responsibilities include assisting physicians and APPs with clinical procedures, tracking results, providing patient education, leveraging physician time, and assuring a clean, effective clinical area to assure the highest standards of patient care.
* Assists with completion of disability forms, work notes, and any other patient related documentation
* Triaging patient phone calls
* Explains testing procedures to patients, as needed
* Handles and resolves phone messages for physicians if possible and documents in patient chart
* Calls patient with test results, as directed by the physicians
* Communicates with pharmacists regarding prescriptions and renewals as directed by physicians
* Communicates with patients, families and other health care providers, as directed by physicians
* Assists with procedures and testing as needed
* Provides patient education according to practice policies and protocols
* Interacts with co-workers, visitors, and other staff consistent with the core values of the University.
* Assists with wound care/dressing changes
* Perform all necessary patient documentation and charting in the Electronic Medical Records, including but not limited to electronic prescriptions, medication reconciliation, note documentations, current problem list, vital signs, medical history questionnaires, orders and test result review and tasking.
RN, BSN, BLS and one year RN experience required.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Experience in an outpatient setting is preferred. Previous Epic knowledge is preferred.
Jefferson Health delivers state of the art healthcare services to patients throughout the Delaware Valley and southern New Jersey. Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) provides more than 8,400 students from nearly 40 states and 40 countries with 21st century professional education. Combined, we have over 30,000 employees.
Jefferson Health, with 14 hospitals (seven are Magnet designated by the ANCC for nursing excellence) and 40+ outpatient and urgent care locations, offers a broad range of primary and complex, highly specialized care that touches the lives of more than four million patients annually. U.S. News & World Report has ranked Thomas Jefferson University Hospital among the nation s best in eight specialties. Jefferson Health also includes the NCI designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center; it is one of only 70 such centers in the nation.
Thomas Jefferson University has ten colleges and three schools that offer more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs. Our University is dedicated to inter-professional and transdisciplinary approaches to learning that offer a vibrant and expandable platform for professional education. Through this unique model, we are preparing our students for current and yet to be imagined careers.
As an employer, Jefferson maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.
PAR REFERENCE CODE
As an employer, the Jefferson Enterprise maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.