Posted in Other 10 days ago.
Type: Full Time
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Director, Accounting and Financial Reporting is responsible for providing leadership, direction and in all aspects of financial reporting and accounting, including, but not limited to, internal and external financial statement preparation, reporting and analysis. This position will supervise the East Falls accounting staff which includes two managers, five senior accountants and three staff accountants and will report to the AVP, Financial Reporting and Accounting.
The Director, Accounting and Financial Reporting has extensive participation in the annual external audit particularly related to accurate financial reporting in relation to interpretation of accounting pronouncements and other regulations and accurate and comprehensive footnote disclosures. This position provides guidance regarding complex accounting issues, new accounting pronouncements and regulations, and significant interaction and communication with management, departments and colleagues.
Other roles and responsibilities for this position, will include but not be limited to:
* Responsible for monthly financial statement preparation and consolidation process of Abington and Northeast in accordance to GAAP. Ensuring the accuracy, integrity, standardization and consistency of the balance sheets, income statements, cash flow statements, performance indicators and other financial information, which is distributed to internal management and external parties.
* Manages and oversees the monthly preparation of journal entries, reconciling entries, and the financial statements for Abington and Northeast.
* Review and analyze all balance sheet reconciliations and income statement variances prepared by the accounting staff.
* Safeguard assets and assure accurate and timely recording of all transactions by implementing disciplines of internal control.
* Responsible for East Falls component of the annual external audit reporting process with respect to appropriate reporting requirements, footnote disclosures, and other required aspects of the external audit which are coordinated by Jefferson Health Enterprise Finance for the consolidated audit.
* Establish and maintain effective communication with the respective staff regarding significant financial and operational matters and activities.
* Responsible for the supervising the overall maintenance of the general ledger account structure in existing Meditech and Lawson ERP systems until conversion to the new PeopleSoft ERP system. This includes maintaining chart of accounts and implementing changes to the data structures to ensure proper and accurate financial reporting.
* Works collaboratively with the PeopleSoft development team to make sure that the information delivery needs of Abington and Northeast and its subsidiaries are accommodated under the standards resulting from the operating model design, standardization and implementation effort.
* Interacts with co-workers, visitors, and other staff consistent with the values of Jefferson.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATION:
10 plus years of Accounting experience (College/University/Education preferred)
Strong GAAP skills
Strong leadership, supervisory, decision making and technical skills
Effective communication and interpersonal skills
Highly motivated, proactive, detail oriented, team player, with the ability to manage multiple assignments and priorities
Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office
Jefferson Health delivers state of the art healthcare services to patients throughout the Delaware Valley and southern New Jersey. Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) provides more than 8,400 students from nearly 40 states and 40 countries with 21st century professional education. Combined, we have over 30,000 employees.
Jefferson Health, with 14 hospitals (seven are Magnet designated by the ANCC for nursing excellence) and 40+ outpatient and urgent care locations, offers a broad range of primary and complex, highly specialized care that touches the lives of more than four million patients annually. U.S. News & World Report has ranked Thomas Jefferson University Hospital among the nation s best in eight specialties. Jefferson Health also includes the NCI designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center; it is one of only 70 such centers in the nation.
Thomas Jefferson University has ten colleges and three schools that offer more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs. Our University is dedicated to inter-professional and transdisciplinary approaches to learning that offer a vibrant and expandable platform for professional education. Through this unique model, we are preparing our students for current and yet to be imagined careers.
As an employer, Jefferson maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.
PAR REFERENCE CODE
As an employer, the Jefferson Enterprise maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.