Posted in Other 11 days ago.
Type: Full Time
CDL CLASS A TRUCK DRIVER - WAREHOUSE
EOE Statement Mac Papers, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. EOE M/F/Disabled/Vet
About the Organization At Mac Papers, our employees set us apart. We have built our reputation on having bright, collaborative, honest and authentic people. They are key to who we are and how well we perform. If you're the best at what you do, we want you.
We believe taking care of our employees is essential to our growth. Mac Papers offers the following advantages and benefits to our employees:
* Salary + Commission positions
* Hourly pay positions with overtime after 40 hours
* Direct deposit
* Paid time off and 8 annual paid holidays
* Bereavement leave
* Health, dental and vision insurance
* Health Savings Account
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
* Life and disability insurance plans
* 401(k) retirement plan
* Voluntary supplemental benefits
* Bonus program
Mac Papers is one of the largest merchant distributors in the Southeast. Mac Papers takes pride in being a family-owned and -operated business that has built a longstanding tradition of stability, integrity, innovation and solutions to growing our company.
Position CDL Class A Truck Driver - Warehouse
Location Mac Papers - Atlanta, GA
This unique position supports the shipping and receiving of product in the warehouse and driving a route when necessary. Any employee who drives must be a CDL Class A driver and is responsible for transporting different types of goods from branch facilities to customer locations using a commercial truck. These drivers also must follow appropriate safety procedures to transport cargo and maintain logs of vehicle repair status and working hours.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, complexity and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this position, and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.
The responsibilities of this position will include but are not limited to:
* Read and understand work orders as well as verbal instruction for assignment
* Select merchandise for shipment and stack on load pallets using an order selector or fork lift
* Move paper and other items from receiving or warehouse locations to shipping or other designated areas
* Stage pallets for loading at proper dock locations
* Loading and unloading pallets that contain full cartons as well as broken lots
* Stretch-wrap product for safe transportation
* Mark all packages with proper identifying information
* Meet weekly standards for productivity and accuracy while working in a safe manner. This requires working at a constant pace for an entire shift in a fast paced environment
* Perform general cleaning/maintenance duties
* Daily inspections of warehouse equipment
* Follow Mac Papers preferred work methods at all times
* Immediately advise supervisor of any unsafe working conditions
* 2 years warehouse experience
* Available to work nights, weekends and overtime as needed
* Possess a valid Class A CDL in the state of residence
* Must have at least 10 years verifiable employment history
* Minimum of 1 year verifiable commercial driving experience in a Class 8 vehicle
* Must possess good communication skills
* Must possess a through familiarity with DOT regulations and state laws
* Must possess a clean MVR
* Must maintain a minimum one year DOT medical card
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by employees to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Regularly required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; occasionally required to sit, climb and balance; regularly required to walk and stand for long periods of time; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, or feel; operate equipment; reach with hands and arms;
* Must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 lbs and occasionally up to 100 lbs;
* Specific vision requirements include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
* Regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; interact regularly with managers and staff regarding building or work related issues and must be able to work independently with little supervision;
* Ability to read, write and interpret documents;
* Ability to add, subtracts, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
* Employee works primarily in a warehouse environment or outside environment when running routes.
Mac Papers, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. EOE M/F/Disabled/Vet
Number of Openings 1
Division Mac Papers Inc
Open Date 10/15/2020
Close Date 10/23/2020
Req Number TRA-20-00024
This position is currently accepting applications.